What would you brew if you were me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epateddy

Reaction score
Got a little aggressive with some hop preorders and now I'm sitting on a pound of Centennial, and 3/4 pound each of Amarillo and Citra. Looking for some recipe suggestions featuring some or all of these.

Thanks!

Umm, IPA?

Seriously though, with a pound of centennial you could do a Bell's Two Hearted Clone which is all centennial. Or you could take a basic recipe and just toss all of those in near the end of the boil. You can make a good IPA just by doing a bit of crystal malt with a basemalt (or extract) and then hops at 60, 15, 10, 5, 0 and dryhop. I would bitter with centennial and then just toss in an ounce of something at every time. Dryhop with two or three ounces.

Time to make SMaSH beers! You'll get to know those hops even better.

Also, all are good dryhopping candidates.

if you want a lighter beer that's easy to drink, biermuncher's centennial blonde is a really good recipe. make a bunch of it :D

I would make a Belgian IPA, for some reason I love the combination of amarillo and a nice estery yeast like Westmalle(WL530).

Bitter with Centennial, and finish with a huge whirlpool hopping of Amarillo and Simcoe.. fill in the middle as you see fit, or just all whirlpool.

Dry hop with equal amounts of all three.

One heck of a good brew!

Those three hops play well together. I do a great IPA that combines them.

Or you could do a few single hop brews. I just find that all Citra is a little much for my taste,but in combo with either of the other hops you listed it is great.

Have some fun....

TI just find that all Citra is a little much for my taste,but in combo with either of the other hops you listed it is great.

I did an all citra beer and I'd agree that it was a bit much and it tasted like it was lacking something at the same time. Odd description I know, but I think this hops should be used to compliment others rather than by itself.

I'd make 11 gallons of Pale Ale and dry hop half of it with Citra, the other half with Amarillo. YUMMY!!!

Great suggestions everyone. Thanks!

I have made Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde. Liked it. Didn't love it.

Had thought about some SMaSH beers but it sounds like an all Citra may not be the best idea.

BeerGolf - can you send me your IPA recipe. Like the idea of using all three. Just finished up an IPA with Citra & Amarillo. Interested to try a version that also uses the Centennial to compare.

Back