Am I Becoming a Hophead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lineman22

Reaction score
So I used to be a straight bud guy and I thought I was so much cooler than the light crowd and then I started sampling beers. I must admit I have not tasted many micro brews and Sierra Nevada is about as micro as it gets in my small town! I started off with the pale ale and I loved it! Then the porter, then the stout, then the torpedo. But I've recently found my favorite beer to date! The celebration!

The torpedo was def my favorite before the celebration but every since i tried it none of these compare. I bought a six pack of the pale ale tonight for easy drinking for new years and i just keep turning my nose up at it like it was a bud light or something.

Am I doomed to never like cheap beer again? Will the next more hoppy beer be the only thing that quinches my thirst?:confused:
Why did I ever have to broaden my horizons?

Haha thanks, I forgot to mention I'm almost ready to bottle my first home brew and it was a SN pale ale kit from northern brewer and I'm sick that I haven't been dry hopping several ounces of centennial in it.

hops...blecch! I cant get into the hoppy beers...yet. Im trying, though! I WANT to like the hoppy ones but its becoming harder. Now, STOUTS is where it's at!

hops...blecch! I cant get into the hoppy beers...yet. Im trying, though! I WANT to like the hoppy ones but its becoming harder. Now, STOUTS is where it's at!

I do like the stouts I've had so far. Not as much a fan of the milk stouts though. I would really like to find bourbon barrel though. I think I like the dryer stouts but I'm not really a taster so I don't know if that's the right term

So I used to be a straight bud guy and I thought I was so much cooler than the light crowd and then I started sampling beers. I must admit I have not tasted many micro brews and Sierra Nevada is about as micro as it gets in my small town! I started off with the pale ale and I loved it! Then the porter, then the stout, then the torpedo. But I've recently found my favorite beer to date! The celebration!

The torpedo was def my favorite before the celebration but every since i tried it none of these compare. I bought a six pack of the pale ale tonight for easy drinking for new years and i just keep turning my nose up at it like it was a bud light or something.

Am I doomed to never like cheap beer again? Will the next more hoppy beer be the only thing that quinches my thirst?:confused:
Why did I ever have to broaden my horizons?

Doomed? I would say rescued. But if you liked something before I don't think you will completely hate it; moreso just not as satisfied with it.

if you liked something before I don't think you will completely hate it

Cant agree with that personally. I liked Budweiser and Coors light when I was drinking beer with the boys. Then I got into wanting to learn more about what I was drinking and found micro brews...then found stouts. NOW, I would drink water before I would drink a Coors Light OR a Bud. :fro:

Doomed? I would say rescued. But if you liked something before I don't think you will completely hate it; moreso just not as satisfied with it.

I would say rescued also. It just cost so much more. I need to hurry up get some home brew bottled so I can at least can save on gas. Lol. I can drink budweiser when given to me but I must admit it is purely for the abv. Lol. Maybe I used love too loosely. Haha

Cant agree with that personally. I liked Budweiser and Coors light when I was drinking beer with the boys. Then I got into wanting to learn more about what I was drinking and found micro brews...then found stouts. NOW, I would drink water before I would drink a Coors Light OR a Bud. :fro:

Difference here is it seems he wants to be able to drink that and most have grown away in taste. If you liked something at one point and want to continue liking it, you will find a reason to do so.

CityOChampBrew said:
Difference here is it seems he wants to be able to drink that and most have grown away in taste. If you liked something at one point and want to continue liking it, you will find a reason to do so.

I dunno about I used love PBR and 211 but I can't drink them anymore. I get sick.

Back