Interested in carbing with concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustusIV

Reaction score
Hello, i was wondering if anyone has any input on this subject. I made my first batch of apfelwein, and i am interested in carbing with concentrate. What amount of concentrate is needed etc. I am using plastic bottles so i am not super worried about bottle bombs. I can also monitor them pretty closely and fridge them when the desired pressure is there.
Thanks
JustusIV

JustusIV said:
Hello, i was wondering if anyone has any input on this subject. I made my first batch of apfelwein, and i am interested in carbing with concentrate. What amount of concentrate is needed etc. I am using plastic bottles so i am not super worried about bottle bombs. I can also monitor them pretty closely and fridge them when the desired pressure is there.
Thanks
JustusIV
Read the thread titled "using more cider instead of priming sugar? " it covers how to figure out how much you need to add. The process is the same as using more cider, just remember to account for the water that you won't be adding (as the sugar/serving on the can will expect you to add water to the concentraite.

Drinking: Budweiser (I told you I'm just getting started, why can't you just leave me alone)

Back