Kegged 1st all grain. Thanks HBT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchbrown

Reaction score
I just kegged my first all grain brew. I’ve been brewing since 1992 and got into a rut with my extract/partial grain recipe. Recently, with the help of this site I built a MLT from an old cooler, modified my 15 gallon boil pot and made it through my first brew day. I did a 13.25 gallon boil with 24 lbs of grain recipe, a modified version of https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f67/nut-brown-ag-30187, Bobby’s walk through on all grain was a great help (as are most of his posts!). I’ve mostly lurked here and just wanted to come out say thank you for all the help. This is such a great resource for home brewing. I am excited again about brewing and credit the enthusiasm and support I found here with much of that.

Congrats I hope to keg my first at some point. Right now I enjoy washing the bottles.....well I hate that part but dang I love drinking them.

Thanks. Yep, fun and addictive. I am doing a whirlpool upgrade to my immersion chiller (just picked up a LG pump) and planning on a 10 gallon Igloo HLT. I can stop any time, really. :D

Awesome congrats, I've been looking sometime to score a freezer. I want to keg beer bad, bottles are the devil!!

Not to do any threadjacking, but Adam, a good source for appliances if you don't want to buy new is a haul-a-way retailer. When the big-boxers do haul away service they sell old working appliances to small retailers and they in turn sell to you for cheap. I scored a 10 keg/ 5 bucket chesty and a six keg kegerator that way or 75 and 50. Good Luck!

Back