Brutul Turtle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonneville

Reaction score
So, I recently brewed an EPA and a Stout and can successfully pull a black & tan from the tap with a spoon. :ban: Too cool.

Questions for anyone with a brutul turtle... does it work well? Also, what is the diameter of the 'shell'? I want to pour some in "pilsner" glasses I bought. Of course, a proper pint glass would be better, but these don't fit in the poker table cupholders. The pilsner glass is maybe 1/2 in less in diameter than a pint glass.

Thx

I don't have the turtle, my black and tan maker is triangular shaped and works somewhat differently than the turtle, but it works quite well. As far as using it on a pilsner glass, both the turtle and the traingle one (I forget the name ATM), can be used on a small variety of glasses--whether or not it would work on a pilsner I can't say. There's only one way to find out.

Not much help, I know, but a free bump for your question...

It is actually called the Lagerhead Black and Tan Turtle, from Brutul.
I have a turtle. I have only tried it on my stouts, which are bottle-carbed - I could not get the separation, but I think my problem is my stout (very heavy beer, not like a guiness on NO2). It does disperse the beer perfectly along the sides of the glass, so I think it performs the function perfectly. Also, the turtles head forms a bottle opener.

The turtle "legs" are designed to sit on a glass with a 3.3" diameter rim (my measurement). I would guess the range of diameters to be from 3" = 3.75".

The "spoon" part, which is the turtle's shell, is 2.2" wide.

Back