have these ingredients, what could i brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsmitty

Reaction score
ok so i have the following ingredients.

1 lb caravienne
2 3.3 lb bags light malt extract
4 lbs 6 row honey malt
1 oz whole coriander seeds
1 lb German malted wheat
1 lb flaked wheat

now my question is what can i brew with them? idealy i would like to just have to buy hops and yeast but possibly some steeping grains or something. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I have moved to brewing all grain but have this extract left and wanna go ahead and use it.

Try this...

6.6# Extract
1# Wheat Malt
1# Flaked Wheat
4oz Caravienne
4oz Honey Malt
1oz Tettnag @ 60min
1oz Saaz @ 10min

Either use a Wheat Yeast strain or something clean like US05

You should end up around 1.060, 19 IBUs, 5 SRM, 6.2% ABV

USAFsooner, u have any idea what type of beer this would be?? sounds good tho since it uses everything ive got just need yeast and hops like i was shootin for. Just dont wanna end up with a super sweet beer.

Should be close to a wheat beer. I'd also use that coriander seeds towards the end of the boil. Me personally I'd go with US05 because I don't care for the banana esters the wheat yeasts throw off.

Don't get hung up on style...call it "Floor Sweepings End of Summer Lawnmower Ale". If that is the style, you have nothing to compare it to so you can just enjoy it.

Try this...

6.6# Extract
1# Wheat Malt
1# Flaked Wheat
4oz Caravienne
4oz Honey Malt
1oz Tettnag @ 60min
1oz Saaz @ 10min

Either use a Wheat Yeast strain or something clean like US05

You should end up around 1.060, 19 IBUs, 5 SRM, 6.2% ABV

You could also do this same recipe and throw in some belgian yeast, and go for the Belgian Wit (this might need 50 wheat though...) or Belgian Blonde.

Are you gunna do a mini mash?

Back