New brewing tattoo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelly

Reaction score
Just got it

image-3505682369.jpg

On right shoulder blade

I am from CA. Collin cominsky gives 1.00 pints at down town joes in napa to all who sport the hop grenade ink.

I did not get a tat simply for a beer discount, that just happens that is one of the perks. I am a die hard supporter of the BN and love to brew as well as the craft beer culture. The hop grenade is a nice addition to my other 2 tats which revolve around military culture.

I am from CA. Collin cominsky gives 1.00 pints at down town joes in napa to all who sport the hop grenade ink.
Used to be for BN Army gear but found out people would just buy the shirts to get the discount so he changed it to tats of the trademarked Hop Grenade. Smart man!

It's still 10% off all purchases at downtown joes if you are wearing your BN gear.

Oh. Well I asked because of the "Live Free Or Die" NH motto. Is the tat a play on words with this or just coincidental?

Oh. Well I asked because of the "Live Free Or Die" NH motto. Is the tat a play on words with this or just coincidental?

I think most people just know it historically, and relate to it in the spirit of freedom instead of its geographic origin. It's kind of like "give me liberty or give me death". That's neat though, I never knew it was the state motto of NH. What you learn on brewing forums!

For the record, I totally wasn't making fun of you with my comment. As a big ink fan (9 tats, including a huge Eagle taking up my entire right shoulder and upper arm), I hate when people get ink for stupid reasons.

My "brewing tattoo" started out as a wizard from when I was in high school (I used to be a fantasy geek). I completed re-did it a little over a year ago, adding a lot of color and a spell being cast over his head. In the cloud of the spell are 4 sysmbols I designed representing the 4 main ingredients in beer. I posted a pic on another beer tattoo thread somewhere on here.

The brew free or die was a play on the live free or die motto of my old SF unit specific to 60 gunners.

I went with the shoulder blade because I have my SF crest on the left bicep, an arm band I had done with a whale bone in Japan. I thought about the pec, but I have a bit of a hairy chest. I will never get a tat I can't hide in shorts and a short sleeve shirt for mostly professional reasons.

Airborne that sounds pretty rad! Being a huge fantasy geek myself I can appreciate that.

Brew Free or Die is a beer from the 21st Amendment in San Francisco, too.

Just today someone told me that Downtown Joe's doen't brew their own beer anymore. I don't trust that dude anymore.

I was raised in Napa and spent a few afternoons/ evenings at Joe's.

USAF special operations command (USAFOC.) I spent six years on a TACP team.

From what I understand Collin does still brew, but downtown joes outgrew the brew pup, and had to move production off site. So they are no longer an on site brew pub, but still offer their own craft beer.

Back