I'm thinking of brewing this morning....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I was brewing today, but off to work I go. Have a good one.

Enjoy your day and thanks.

BTW, I think I'm done heating steeping water on my stove. I'm at around 140°. This is taking way too long. I guess I just never checked the time before. Next batch and all future batches will be done completely on my propane burner.

The sun is coming up and outside of two different cars that drove down the street I've seen no one. I think I'm going to brew at this hour more often!

what extract are you gonna be using?
I bet it smells wonderful! Steeping grains in the morning. If I didn't have such a hectic home life I'd want to brew in the mornings too. I'm jealous!

Brew ON :rockin:

What were you doing up so early?! ;)

I brew early on my days off, but early to me is like 10am. It usually takes me about 2 hours to get moving enough to want to start.

Here in Texas I start my AG brew day at 5:30 to beat the heat. Brewing outside in 105 degree high humidity heat is NOT fun!

what extract are you gonna be using?
I bet it smells wonderful! Steeping grains in the morning. If I didn't have such a hectic home life I'd want to brew in the mornings too. I'm jealous!

Brew ON :rockin:

12 lbs light DME
.5 lbs biscuit
.5 lbs 80L crystal
.75 lbs victory

What were you doing up so early?! ;)

I brew early on my days off, but early to me is like 10am. It usually takes me about 2 hours to get moving enough to want to start.

I'm on vacation this week, but most shifts I pull at work I get off at 3am. I usually don't go to sleep until around 6am.

Best to brew early here this time of year to avoid Mother Nature and her huge haboobs!

Act II.jpg

I'm on vacation this week, but most shifts I pull at work I get off at 3am. I usually don't go to sleep until around 6am.

Yep, I work second shift with some flex in the start time. Depending on workload I usually get off between 11:00PM and 4:00AM Bed time for me is usually around 4:00 AM

I have brewed after work a couple times when I get out on the early end of that shift.

slightly off topic: I have been thinking of brewing during the late evening hours, 8 or later. Basically after the little ones go to bed.

Oh it was awesome, thanks. Still waiting on fermentation though.

:off: A song for your thirst quenching moment:

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize there were so many people from the east valley on here. I agree that in the summer out here you need to start prior to 6am to not melt while brewing.

Back