Cheapest Beer served at a bar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-brewmeister

Reaction score
Well, I live in Pocatello Idaho, not exactly a mecca of beer conisureship, but definitely a town full of people that appreciate a good cheap drunk:D!! There is a bar called the First National Bar (we all call it the first Trash!) that, every thursday night from 7-8 pm, serves nickel beers! Now, they only come in 9 oz plastic cups, but even accounting for head, that is about a dime a pint! I've never been able to drink much more than 50 cents worth in the hour (and lord knows I've tried!). Most of the folks just swill down keg after keg of BUTT light, but if you have an in, and actually tip the bartender a buck or two, you can get some killians or Amberbock. So I was wondering if we have got the hold on the cheapest booze fest, or at least one of the better ones? I'm sure nobody can beat the atmosphere (ohhhh sooo trashy!!!!).

I have this bar on my back porch that has great prices, but then I know the brewer ;)

Dime pints? That tops anything in these parts that I know of. I mostly hit the brewpubs.

Thats awesome man....The cheapest ive heard of around here is 50 cent drafts at a couple bars. Theyre like 8 oz plastic cups.

Yea, at nickel night, we get like 9 oz beers, two at a time, so accounting for head and spillage :rolleyes: you get about a pint a dime. Just hit it up tonight infact. Adn Im feelign no pain sir!:D Arggg. . . too mucchh Macccrobrewww!

D-brewmeister said:
Yea, at nickel night, we get like 9 oz beers, two at a time, so accounting for head and spillage :rolleyes: you get about a pint a dime. Just hit it up tonight infact. Adn Im feelign no pain sir!:D Arggg. . . too mucchh Macccrobrewww!

Wow thats a good deal. There was a country bar near Toledo Oh called bootleggers that had 25 cent nattys, but the only thing that might compare around columbus is this hole in the wall bar, not too popular with students but it has it's loyal follwing. Anyways, on all saturdays its $6 all you can drink domestic drafts, or $10 all you can drink import drafts, this is all day every saturday except Buckeye football saturdays. With guinness, bass, newcastle, smithwicks, blue moon on tap and a couple others, It's a pretty good deal. Havent taken advantage of it yet, though me and my buddies have talked about it. I think were all a little scared of that "all you can drink" though, we'd starting making bets and such :cool:

I guess the best around my parts would be a pub that has this deal - $10 all you can drink in an hour, which includes 4 basic spirit coupons which you can use anytime during the night...your deal sounds much better!

jjsscram said:
Pocatello Idaho, I went to ISU. Use to sneak in to a cowboy bar there. Lots of good fun.

jjsscram
Are you talking about the Green Triangle? It seems like it is turning into a frat boy hang out now!

That sound right. I remember it being in the lower part of town just on the side of a overpass over some railroad track. HEHE i never thought I would be racking my brain tring to remember the name of that bar. :p

MMM . . . Beer . . . AND Bacon! interesting combo-- a pretty square meal! :D The beer could take the place of pancakes, both come from grain, right? might have to try it some weekend morning!

When I lived in Baltimore we had a Microbrewery where from 4-7 you got 3 pints for $3 They served great beer but I can't remember the name of it. There was the Baja Beach Club which you paid $5 to get in and then from 7-10 all bottles were a quarter. They had all kinds of beer and you actually got the full bottle. Then I moved to Tulsa and at a bar there you paid $5 to get in and then any bottles were any silver coin, they too had a large selection. I have not found any deals like that here in the ATL but then again I am not as in the loop as I once was.

OSUmoney83 said:
Anyways, on all saturdays its $6 all you can drink domestic drafts, or $10 all you can drink import drafts, this is all day every saturday except Buckeye football saturdays. With guinness, bass, newcastle, smithwicks, blue moon on tap and a couple others, It's a pretty good deal. Havent taken advantage of it yet, though me and my buddies have talked about it. I think were all a little scared of that "all you can drink" though, we'd starting making bets and such :cool:
All day on saturday!?!? Does sound like a recipe for destruction! :D Definitely wouldn't want to get started too early, and would sure want to save enough cash for the cab ride home (and have a good excuse for the misses prepared ahead of time :rolleyes: "umm. . . I was just getting my weeks drinking out of the way now, you know, to save time and money in the future, like umm, for that nice necklace you saw in the mall the other day (right!)). By the way, what is smithwicks like? I haven't had that one.

D-brewmeister said:
All day on saturday!?!? Does sound like a recipe for destruction! :D Definitely wouldn't want to get started too early, and would sure want to save enough cash for the cab ride home (and have a good excuse for the misses prepared ahead of time :rolleyes: "umm. . . I was just getting my weeks drinking out of the way now, you know, to save time and money in the future, like umm, for that nice necklace you saw in the mall the other day (right!)). By the way, what is smithwicks like? I haven't had that one.

Well I finally indulged myself this previous saturday :D . And, What they don't tell you, is that the deal runs all the way into sunday evening, and by that time its called "All the discomfort you can handle" :eek: but anyway, I think its an awesome way to drink good beer inexpensively. Smithwicks was out by the time I got there, but I imagine it is just average or slightly better. Found out they also have Sammy A on tap as well. Man I love this place. Anyone tried those chaser hangover pills?

The First National Bar in Pocatello is under new ownership and Thursday night cheap beer is gone....but Wednesday night Cheap beer is here. Every Wednesday night, The First National has draft beer for $.25 a glass and an added attraction will be the live bands every Wednesday night, no cover charge. There will also be different events throughout the week so stay tunned for more......

Here's the deal from Southern England...

A pint in a pub will generally set you back from £2.50 - 3.00 (that's about $4.70 - $5.70) depending on where you go in the country. I'm sure that it's cheaper in scotland and northern britain, but us gullible southerners are reduced to paying through the nose.

And Duty on a pint of beer (evil government tax) is about 35p per pint. That's 66 cents in tax. By comparison, the french charge about 5p

And the british government then wonders why we all go on 'booze cruises' to europe to stock up. :confused:

Oh, and don't get me started on Petrol...

OSUmoney83 said:
Wow thats a good deal. There was a country bar near Toledo Oh called bootleggers that had 25 cent nattys, but the only thing that might compare around columbus is this hole in the wall bar, not too popular with students but it has it's loyal follwing. Anyways, on all saturdays its $6 all you can drink domestic drafts, or $10 all you can drink import drafts, this is all day every saturday except Buckeye football saturdays. With guinness, bass, newcastle, smithwicks, blue moon on tap and a couple others, It's a pretty good deal. Havent taken advantage of it yet, though me and my buddies have talked about it. I think were all a little scared of that "all you can drink" though, we'd starting making bets and such :cool:

what place is that? I useta go to byrne's on 3rd for $5 PBR pitchers.

Back