Sanke style half kegs for a fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell0347

Reaction score
Can get two half kegs for 50$ a piece, supposedly in good shape. Sound like a good deal?

Was thinking of using them as fermenters or lagering vessels in the future. Same price I can get 3-5 gallon carboys or a whole butt load of "Ale Pails".

I hate spending money but these seem like a good deal and would make outstanding fermenters I think.

Whatcha think?

Can get two half kegs for 50$ a piece, supposedly in good shape. Sound like a good deal?

Was thinking of using them as fermenters or lagering vessels in the future. Same price I can get 3-5 gallon carboys or a whole butt load of "Ale Pails".

I hate spending money but these seem like a good deal and would make outstanding fermenters I think.

Whatcha think?

They work great for me. Read this post: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/sanke-fermenters-106253/

are you talking about half barrels - or 15.5 gallon kegs, or 1/4 barrels?

$50 a piece sounds high to me. I have been paying 20-30$ for sankes. However you can certainly use them for fermentation.

I second the above post. I've done my last two batches in a sanke and it worked sweet!

are you talking about half barrels - or 15.5 gallon kegs, or 1/4 barrels?

$50 a piece sounds high to me. I have been paying 20-30$ for sankes. However you can certainly use them for fermentation.

It appears they are the same size as a 15.5 gallon keg but are half the height. I am assuming they are 7.75 gallons? Advertised as "half sized beer kegs"

It does sound a little steep but I'm thinking that they are much more durable and a little easier to tote around than a carboy.

Back