Free websites?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with any free websites that would be fairly easy for a beginner to use? I'm looking to create a website for my "brewery" so i can store pics/recipes/etc and so far i've seen people using the blogspot site but i'm not sure if i really like the layout since its more of a blog that a website.

Any ideas?

Have you looked into Geocities? I used it years ago and it was pretty simple to get up and running. It's owned by Yahoo now so I don't know if it has changed much. Might be worth checking out.

Have you tried your ISP?

and there's also google sites

my ISP is currently through my parents since i just moved up here and am shacking up with them until i can find a house.

I'll check out google sites and the others mentioned.

Thanks guys:mug:

If you're just going to use it as a dumping ground for images, recipes and posts... why not a blog? Saves you the hassle of setting up everything. You could invest that time into designing the layout of the blog, you can get a very professional looking wordpress site if you put in a little time.

i'll check into wordpress. wasn't really trying to say i'm against a blog, but just some of the ones i've seen don't look very appealing

with the godaddy, where did you find free domain or hosting? i didnt see anything on there that was free??

with the godaddy, where did you find free domain or hosting? i didnt see anything on there that was free??

I have a domain that I was keeping but wasn't actually hosted and I noticed it listed "Free Hosting with domain - Economy Hosting - (Free with Domain)" and I had one credit. So I activated it. I you have a domain registered with them it should be under the Hosting section.

Wordpress is cool. Simple to use, easy, lots of different layouts that don't look so bloggy/late 90s like blogpsot. The only downside to it is there is fairly limited space for photos unless you want to buy more, and then it is basically impossible to organize them. You can get a free flcikr account for storing photos, though

i just registered with wordpress and so far it seems decent.

i'm assuming if i get an account on flickr that i can link my images onto wordpress, correct?

Ya. Its pretty easy and they have a good support forum for figuring things like that out.

If you do end up using godaddy.com or get free hosting, check out oswd.org for free web design templates.

Back