drinking the sediment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dheide

Reaction score
So I came to the conclusion tonight that I like drinking my beer with the sediment even better than without. I have my first batch in 1 liter plastic bottles. The way I've been drinking them is to pour half a bottle one night, and pour the other half the next night. I usually pour the last little bit down the drain to avoid the sediment. Last week, I decided to drink the remaining beer plus sediment straight from the bottle and I liked it! Tonight, instead of pouring out the last bit, I dumped it right in with my pint of beer, and I honestly like it better than the pint I had last night without the sediment. Now I'm wondering, is there a way to mix up the bottle to spread around the sediment so I can enjoy a better beer both nights? I don't wanna shake up the bottle and have a beer fountain, but do you think simply tipping the bottle upside down once or twice would mix up the sediment? I know most poeple don't drink the sediment, but any advice?

Dave
(sorry about the length, I tend to ramble on and on)

befor you open the bottle gently roll it across the table a time or two, that should mix it up nicely without giving you a beer geyser

My American Pale Ale has a lot of floaties in it too. I think it didnt spend long enough in the secondary, but ive been drinking the floaties, and it tastes great.

with all the farting, I have trouble staying ON the throne. it's like a self-contained jet pack.

-walker

I haven't noticed any more gas than usual (my wife might say otherwise, I should ask her). I'll try rolling the bottle on the table a few times.

boo boo said:
Did you spend extra time on the throne? I heard that yeast will do that to you, lol.

And there was me thinking it was something i ate,rather than being greedy and trying to get a full pint out of the bottom of the keg:mug: (it made my 30min cycle ride to work eventful:D )

oxford brewer said:
And there was me thinking it was something i ate,rather than being greedy and trying to get a full pint out of the bottom of the keg:mug: (it made my 30min cycle ride to work eventful:D )
I can't cast any stones, I'm just as guilty, lol.:mug:

Back