Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTB.jpg

Hey guys, figured I'd chime in and share the name I brew under:

The Ivory Eighty-Eight Brewing Co.​

The name was created when every single time we started brewing, the instruments almost always broke out during the mashing and boiling.

logo_rev2-3.jpg

Crescent Mountain Brewing Company

Used to Live in New Orleans, LA (Crescent City) and I am from Denver, Colorado (Rocky Mountains).

Danebramaged Brewery

Hopefully no one has that yet. Not many people named Dane brewing. Hopefully going to start brewing some high % beers that will give you brain damage.

Well after a long debate, I'm going with Concho brewing. First because I had a Sgt that kept calling me Concho for almost 3 years before he finally got my name right and second for my love of San Angelo, TX.

image-3142812281.jpg

I'm going to use this or a variant on my labels once I get some up and running.

For those that don't know the Concho Rivers ( North, South and Middle) and a couple lakes have mussels in them that produce Concho Pearls. I spent many a summer looking for mussels that were big enough to possibly have pearls. By the time I was 14, I had found enough of them that my grandfather and I had a necklace made for my grandmother. My wife now has that strand.

toboredtosleep said:
Hey guys, figured I'd chime in and share the name I brew under:

The Ivory Eighty-Eight Brewing Co.

The name was created when every single time we started brewing, the instruments almost always broke out during the mashing and boiling.

What font Is that you used in your picture?

Very cool.. I'm struggling with my label. I'm a woodcarver and have carved a few Gnomes.. so, the Three Gnomes will work. But, before that, I had a label in mind very similar to yours. I live in wine country here in N.Cal and the hillsides, as I look out my window, or drive around look VERY similar to what I see in your label. Just that the hills are covered with grape vines. Mine was going to be round rather than half round.. but was thinking of a stein of beer in the center. The saying at most of the wineries around here is it takes a lot of good beer to make good wine.. :D

"The Fox and the Grapes" is an Aesop's Fable. That image is from an old illustrated book of the fables.

Have you seen Russian River's "It takes a lot of great beer to make great wine" label? http://www.flickr.com/photos/singleblinkinglight/8087876366/

2 years ago I started barbecuing/smoking, and I named my smoker Bubba Q

so, the restaurant would be Bubba Q BBQ and the brewery is

logo.jpg

plus Photoshop and way too much time on my hands

and, my dog's name is Howdy, so the beer is called Howdy Brau

locavafront.jpg

I'm brand new to this home brewing thing and I'm still in the process of gathering my equipment and the knowledge to start to brew my own.

While waiting I chose the name of "Demon Eagle Brewing" to brand my home brews with.

Below is a logo and visual I put together. I've always been fascinated by eagles and for that matter all birds of prey so it was only natural to incorporate one into my home brewery name.

DE-Logo2.jpg

My current working "brewery" name is derived from the fact that I live in Sterling Heights and I do All Grain brewing. Thus I'm SHAG Brewing, and can use the cheesy phrase Wanna Shag? whenever appropriate and inappropriate.

Ouroboros Brewing Co.

If you are a Wheel of Time fan you need no explanation, if you are not a Wheel of Time fan...the logo is a combination of symbols for Aes Sedai.
And Ouroboros is the term for a snake or dragon eating it's own tail, signifying cyclicality.

OBCfortumblr.png

I started brewing when I moved to my current resident with my roommate who's brewed for a few years. Our house happens to be bright purple so Purple Haus Brewing only seemed fitting. We're also recording engineers and while legally we can't sell our beer, it's rare one of our clients turns down a good homebrew after a long recording session!

purple haus logo.jpg

Ouroboros Brewing Co.

If you are a Wheel of Time fan you need no explanation, if you are not a Wheel of Time fan...the logo is a combination of symbols for Aes Sedai.
And Ouroboros is the term for a snake or dragon eating it's own tail, signifying cyclicality.

This is amazing. :D. Please tell me your beer names are appropriate... I would totally drink Cuendillar Barleywine. Or at least try; I don't think I could get through it.

This is amazing. :D. Please tell me your beer names are appropriate... I would totally drink Cuendillar Barleywine. Or at least try; I don't think I could get through it.

Yeah, right now I have : Jak O' The Shadows - Black Lager & Red Hand - Imperial Stout. I also have names based on other series such as the Kingkiller Chronicles, The First Law Triology (and it's subsequent books), etc...

Gunpowder's Handcrafted Ales. I chose the word "Gunpowder" for several reasons...

1. I am an AVID shooter and firm believer in the 2nd amendment
2. It allows me to give my decorations (labels, carriers, etc.) a rough, rustic look
3. My friends and I enjoy potent beer, and that's what I strive to make, and the word "Gunpowder" is appropriate.

Considering Mad Schoonitist (a play off my last name) Brewing. But I've done a total of two batches, so...

Also considering Rat Bastard Brewing Co. That was generally how my best friend in high school addressed me, and most people that know me (including my wife) tend to refer to me as a bastard.

fat/skinny brewing co.

In high school my weight fluctuated a lot, sometimes I looked fat, sometimes I looked skinny. I was thus given the nickname fat/skinny.

I went with Nature Coast Brewing. I live on the NC in FL and it allows be to name my beers with the outdoor theme.

Blue coral. (Blue moon clone)
Driftwood pale ale etc...

Sloth brewing ......... I have a music project named "March of the Sloth", and so, I am Sloth. I find it rather appropriate since I want to do mostly sours. Very long, and slow fermentation, with all sorts of bugs and bacteria. It takes a sloth forever to get to its destination, but once they get there, it's perfect! And damnit they're cute! Mouth puckering cute!

Summertime Brewing co.

Everything we make is made with the intent to chill on a hammock and drink. Nothing harsh or to complex here, just good drinkable beer and cider.

eMpTy Bottle Brewing

My name starts with M, my Brewing Assistant's [;-)] name starts with T, so it's a play on the M and T. Also, we started out bottling and we were always asking our friends for their empty bottles. It just works.

My girlfriend and I brew together, and a baseball theme was the one thing we could agree on. She also designed our labels. All of our brews have baseball themed names as well.

DBB-Logo200x200.jpg

Dark Brood Homebrewery

Originally a name coined for a computer games company that never got off the ground in the late 90's, I've used it for a few projects over the years....Dark Brood seems to have stuck to the beer, though. Certainly offers a lot of directions to go with in branding imagery. As an added bonus (to me), going commercial would change the name to Dark Brood Brewery, aka DBB. One of my favorite bands is Deep Banana Blackout (DBB - a funk band...used to hang with 2 of the core members back in the day when Jenny first started putting the band together)...have a twisted vision of having DBB play the opening party for DBB....

We're working on a name ... which is driving me crazy since i'm a graphic artist and chomping at the bit to design a logo.

Cheers.

Hog Mountain Brewing Co

The area I live in on the north side of Atlanta is known as Hog Mountain. I looked it up after moving here and found it was a historic little place. In the late 1700s and early 1800s, the area was inhabited by Cherokee and Creek. The first European settlers moving to the northern parts of GA from areas such as Savannah settled here. The indians were loyal to the British and a bit hostile. At the beginning of the War of 1812, it was decided a fort was needed to protect settlers and Fort Daniel was erected. In 1813, Peachtree Road was constructed right here to encourage commerce (Atlanta did not exist yet). This area was considered the frontier and the county was named for Button Gwinnett, who signed The Declaration of Independence and was a Governor of GA. He resided in Savannah and never visited the area. He was mortally wounded on the dueling ground in Savannah in 1777.

HogMountain_hi-res-2.jpg

River Brother's Brewery
Me and my brothers are all named from biblical rivers. I need to change the location on that logo I guess.

river.jpg

Mine came from a former co-worker who passed away. After work we would go to his place and have a few drinks and unwind. This usually involved disgusting, (yes disgusting) our displeasure with politicians, criminals etc. So out of several rounds of this, his wife gets out a sign she had made for his bar "The Mad Cop Bar". After he passed away in 2001. His wife gave me his sign, which in 2004 I built a 10-12 seat bar in my home, I had to name it "The Mad Cop Bar" promptly displayed the sign as a memory to a good friend and co-worker. I consider the sign as a license to use the name. I have been doing extracts, but I am about to start all grain, and working up recipes I can call my own with names like , hot pursuit, felonious assault, disorderly conduct, aggravated assault, 11 months & 29 days, and the ultimate for a barley wine, "Homicide". I might even use some infamous name like Capone, Jesse James, Son of Sam, the night stalker, or Andy& Barney's summer ale, etc,etc. it's a never ending list of great names for beers.

Cheers!

Mine came from a former co-worker who passed away. After work we would go to his place and have a few drinks and unwind. This usually involved disgusting, (yes disgusting) our displeasure with politicians, criminals etc. So out of several rounds of this, his wife gets out a sign she had made for his bar "The Mad Cop Bar". After he passed away in 2001. His wife gave me his sign, which in 2004 I built a 10-12 seat bar in my home, I had to name it "The Mad Cop Bar" promptly displayed the sign as a memory to a good friend and co-worker. I consider the sign as a license to use the name. I have been doing extracts, but I am about to start all grain, and working up recipes I can call my own with names like , hot pursuit, felonious assault, disorderly conduct, aggravated assault, 11 months & 29 days, and the ultimate for a barley wine, "Homicide". I might even use some infamous name like Capone, Jesse James, Son of Sam, the night stalker, or Andy& Barney's summer ale, etc,etc. it's a never ending list of great names for beers.

Cheers!

very sorry about your friend... nice that you honor his memory with a bar and some homebrew

Back