Does anyone know what this is? (antique tapper?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supurb

Reaction score
So I purchased this on ebay last night because I like collecting interesting old beer items. Has anyone ever seen one of these or know what it is ? I was hoping that I could hook a beer line to it, but it almost looks as if it sinks into a barrel or something? If anyone could shed some light on what I have or how its intended to be used i would be grateful. I have not yet recieved it in the mail.

tap1.jpg

tap2.jpg

I'd agree with that as well. Looks like it would sit down into the bunghole of a stevens keg.

Really must be pretty old then right? So it would just siphon uncarbonated beer out of a wooden barrel you think? Would something that old have the same threads for a newer tap handle though?

Looks like a syrup pump from an old "soda jerk" type set-up. Some one probably put a beer handle on it to make it look beer related.

Looks like a syrup pump from an old "soda jerk" type set-up. Some one probably put a beer handle on it to make it look beer related.

I think you hit it on the head. The handle did not go with the item, it would hit the nozzle when you tried to pull it. Upon taking it apart, there was syrup dried up inside. Still a pretty cool item, i'll find some use for it !!

Soda fountain syrup pump for sure. Depending on age could be worth several hundred bucks.. Too bad the original handle has been replaced.

bosco

Back