Where to buy on short notice...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cauldron7

Reaction score
I want to bottle tonight, buy wont be able to make it to the LHBS before they close and I am out of sanitiser. does anyone know of any "normal" stores that sell star san or somehting similar?

Im in West Chester PA, outside of Philly. I appreciate the advice!

homebrewer_99 said:
Ya know, if you guys would list where you live there just may be someone close by that could help....just a thought. :D

Other than that I'd go with bleach. Just be sure to rinse well with a lot of hot water.

And rinse with STERILE water..not tap water...

kenb said:
And rinse with STERILE water..not tap water...

Bleach is fine and you don't need to rinse with Sterile water ... I've never once used "sterile" water and have never had an infection. But, if it makes you feel better by all means spend a couple extra hours boiling or buying sterile water.

srm775 said:
Bleach is fine and you don't need to rinse with Sterile water ... I've never once used "sterile" water and have never had an infection. But, if it makes you feel better by all means spend a couple extra hours boiling or buying sterile water.

Well it depends on how clean you want to be. It isn't a matter of 'feeling better'...Infections can certainly come from tap water though...sanitizing and then rinsing with tap water just undid the sanitizing...

Back