Tell me how you think this will turn out.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmaloney86

Reaction score
I brewed a 1 gallon test batch from left over stuff I had lying around.

60 Minute boil

60 1 gallon water, 3lbs of Light liquid malt extract, 1oz Saaz
20 3lbs of Honey
WLP 090 Super High Gravity Ale Yeast

Let me know whatcha think!

The term "Lawnmower beer" is not meant to denote something you use to fuel the lawnmower.

The term "Lawnmower beer" is not meant to denote something you use to fuel the lawnmower.

^Nice one!
I'm guessing that will take a long time to mellow into anything resembling drinkable. Did I miss something or are my numbers from beersmith right? I hope to god you made like a three gallon yeast starter...

Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
3 lbs LME Golden Light (Briess) (4.0 SRM) Extract 1 50.0 %
1.00 oz Saaz [4.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 2 54.8 IBUs
3 lbs Honey (1.0 SRM) Sugar 3 50.0 %

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.216 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.003 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 29.6 %
Bitterness: 54.8 IBUs Calories: 151.6 kcal/12oz
Est Color: 8.2 SRM

I ended up with a starting gravity of 1.128, that was the most furious fermenting I've ever seen for like 3 days, haven't seen much action since. I did a 900ml yeast starter. I'll give it a few weeks and check the gravity, Probably gonna chalk this one up as experimental failure.

If that reading is true (not a mixing issue) you must have ended up closer to 2 gallons than 1. In that case it probably won't power the lawnmower, you're gonna have to drink it.
:mug:

Back