how to attach propane hose to black pipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndoe22

Reaction score
I have a 10psi regulator and hose that I want to connect to black pipe. On the end of the hose is an orifice to burner. Should I cut the old orifice off and attach the hose to the pipe with a barbed fitting and hose clamp?

go to a local propane supplier (not just uhaul) and they should be able to make you anything you need. :) i got a regulator out to 1/4" pipe thread that i stepped up to 1/2" black pipe. going back to get some more hoses made to replace those yellow flexy things from home depot with prettier/flexier hoses as well.

Is that orifice 3/8" flared? If so, you need a 3/8" flared male to 1/2" mpt fitting assuming you are using 1/2" pipe.

Hard to see but since I grabbed the url.....

Brewstand1.jpg

Solution found. From the black pipe I have a 1/2 to 1/4 reducer. From the propane hose orfice I got a 1/8 to 1/4 bushing that ataches to the black pie. Thank you all for the help. The single tier is almost ready.

Back