Beer Tools or Beer Tools Pro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Weevel

Reaction score
Is anyone using Beer Tools or Beer Tools Pro? what are the pros and cons of this program compared with Beer Smith or ProMash? I know that Beer Tools Pro interfaces with Beer Tools Pro web site allowing 5,400 different recipes to be accessed but I don't think this is a selling point due to the large amount of we exchange here on HBT and all the different clone books and catalogs. Any thoughts would be appreciated.:)

I'm hoping beer tools eventually has a free trial. It seems like the best choice, but I'm not willing to pay before getting to play around with it.

Read the "Software" thread in the "All Grain and Partial Mash Brewing" section. This just posted the other day. There's lots of opinions there.

erbiumyag said:
Read the "Software" thread in the "All Grain and Partial Mash Brewing" section. This just posted the other day. There's lots of opinions there.
Ditto. To paraphrase: Use Beersmith. BTP has some great features, but it needs refinement.

Back