Pirates have one....why dont we

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
The code of homebrewers. It would be interesting to play this conversation out for a bit.

OH a secret hand shake too!!!! :p

There is a sort of unspoken brewers code that people sometimes refer to...basically be generous with beer and beer karma will catch up with you.

But if we are talking homebrewers only:

#5 Pitch cold

Here's an excellent reference to be edited.

My addition:

Captain [Farmer's] articles

II. If any Man shall offer to run away, or keep any Secret from the Company, he shall be marooned with one Bottle of [Bud Light], one Bottle of [Boone's Farm], one small Arm, and Shot.

I think we got them all. Does anyone want to do a summary? I just saw another person dumping beer!!!

Never criticize anoter homebrewer's system unless they specifically ask for advice. If they are drinking it, their system works.

Take every opportunity to offer ther's your homebrew. Bring some to a party, offer guests in your home a bottle, send brief visitors home with a bottle or two.

If you are given beer by a HB to consume later, the bottle should be returned washed and ready for refilling next time you see them.

Back