Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, I meant these bottles.

The stubbies are from North Peak Brewing Company in Traverse City Michigan. Using them wasn't any different than any other bottle. :) We decided to use stubbies for the Chicha, because we thought it gave them a certain homemade look.

For swmbo's recent wine.

ForumRunner_20121220_213722.png

ForumRunner_20121220_213728.png

Barnesie said:
Still struggling with label design, have trouble committing to a motif and generally just spend too much time tinkering, but these are my latest two attempts.

The first is a response to over-engineering way too many icons and details onto a label, I decided to go as simple as I could and created this wine-inspired label.

Since I can't leave well enough alone, I tinkered with that design for a long time until I arrived at this different version below. This is rotated to view easily on the web, but it is intended to be cut along the black lines and applied to the bottle in a 45 degree diamond shape instead of a square.

Is the lightning bolt a nod to Bad Brains?! If so, f'n a! Well done, sir! :rockin:

Second music reference: is kick out the yams tribute to MC-5? Double good on ya!

Cheers!

My first labels. After printing all my labels, I decided I didn't feel like bottling two cases of twelve oz bottles and opted for 22s. After trying to scale up the label, it started to pixelize so I left them small. Oh well, I'm happy.

image-1161777655.jpg

image-3720957362.jpg

Not sure about the lettering, but this is the label I'll be using on my Delirium Tremens clone I'll be brewing next week...

BelgianGoldenAleLabel1.jpg

Here is my first idea of label for my first batch, still need to add relevant imformation but this is the idea

image.jpg

We have a "ball and chain" Brown ale in one of our secondary carboys. We are brewing our beer and wine for our own wedding.

Anyhow....

Here's my first attempt at label design:

image-65849360.jpg

Made it on Microsoft paint and Microsoft word.

I'm pretty happy with the result.

The red ale is still in the primary. Long wait on this one.

Sir speedy, I know the owner. Charges me 10 dollars for 75 labels.

That's a ridiculously good price. They do a good job too, wish I had one nearby. There are only small local printing places around me and that charge a fortune (worth it but ya know) and then staples. I guess I will keep the ol ink jet running.

Here are the Christmas gift beers with all of the family dogs on the labels:
1139_732548575342_1007832276_n.jpg

Henry's Sheltie Pale Ale, Izzie and Mainor's Sibling Sarsaparilla, Buddy's Dirty Mouth Mild and Maggie's Beautiful Blonde.

I say ripped lable. They look better and has a unique look to them. Bottle is just preference. Just do half and half. :p
I really like the ripped label too. If I made wine, or some old-timey beer I'd probably do the same. It's tough to say on clear or blue bottles though. When I couldn't decide, I did like DisturbdChemist, and just did half and half.

Thanks guys I have 2 cases of each. This entire batch is going as gifts so we are doing wax, labels, and the whole 9. I'm making gift boxes now as a matter of fact. Ripped it is. I will mix and match the vessels.

My first batch is Chocolate maple Porter so the first pic is the label I'm putting on the neck of the bottles. The second pic is because I've been told that I come off as an a**hole, so I figured thats the name I'll use to identify my beer.

Picture2.png

Picture1.jpg

Here's some of the labels I've made for my beers. Let me know what you think.

Some pro level work! Looks great!

Just finished a ridiculously long bottling waxing labeling day. I burnt the edges can't really tell in the pic.

Really like the wax on top, and the labels look sweet. Nice job!

I haven't put them on any bottles yet, but I think I like this design... for the time being anyhow. The picture (and inspiration for my homebrewery name) is of my best bud Diesel, an Olde English Bulldogge.

American%20Pilsner6.jpg

1337Brew said:
I've been lazy and haven't posted much lately. All I've done here is really post a few of the labels that I've done. I usually search the forums when I have a question and find the answer really quick so I don't need to make a new post. Anyways, I have a few new labels since my last post...but I only really have one ready to upload. Probably printing the next two sets tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to upload those soon. Sorry the pic on this one is pretty bad / the label is a bit crooked on the bottle I happened to grab.

Nice label. How did the stout turn out? I've tried my hand at a couple whiskey stouts with mixed results. What did you do with yours? if you're up for sharing :)

made these two logos for a friends wedding. Brewing my first ever batch of beer on new years day. It will be an american wheat for starters. Should be working on a logo for that soon.
577801_397737196974821_474108226_n.jpg

553625_370806346334573_432940369_n.jpg

did these logos for a company that was making their first wine. It was a nice small contest. didnt win.
376694_343014342447107_1067626979_n.jpg

Back