4.5 Cubic Foot Mini Fridge For Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambleon

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 4.5 cubic foot GE mini fridge on Craigslist for a screaming deal with the hopes of at least putting a corny keg in it and maybe doing a kegerator conversion when I strike it rich. My problem is that it has a tiny freezer compartment that is in the way of everything. I'm sure there are many threads out there about this kind of thing so i'll get to it: Should I attempt to bend the line to fit a corny in it or pinch my pennies for a better fridge? If I should hold off which fridge should I settle on? Thanks!!!

Let the fridge warm up to room temp. Remove the freezer. Gently bend it flat. Screw onto the back. Be careful not to hit any lines in the back.

Let the fridge warm up to room temp. Remove the freezer. Gently bend it flat. Screw onto the back. Be careful not to hit any lines in the back.

I did the exact thing without screwing it into the back (my freezer plate had too many lines for me to want to try and go around). I also have a 4.5 cuf GE fridge. Just be sure to hold your hand on the piping coming out and that the fridge is warm.

Back