First run on my 10 gal RIMS outfit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepyCreekBrews

Reaction score
I gotta admit that a couple days ago I was a little apprehensive about doing a 10 gallon batch on my first run with my new RIMS outfit .... big volumes, new equipment, etc., but it turned out there was nothin to worry about ...everything worked pretty well in spite of the fact that I brewed a 10 gallon batch of IPA that uses 28 pounds of grain :D

here's the rig

IMAG0014.jpg

here's the mashtun with the pump and RIMS tube

IMAG0015.jpg

and here's a shot of the electronics
IMAG0016.jpg

The PID and the SSR in the picture control only the RIMS tube at 115V , the PWM controller with the the 20 amp meter on it runs on 230V and I heat either the HLT or the BK with that (I only have one 230 V circuit in the garage)

My mashtun uses a circular PEX tubing manifold in the bottom and it was a little slow ...it has approx 45 of .062" holes in it ...so it was a little slow ...ok it was quite slow for sparging. Must've gotten a little stuck . Overall though, couldn't be happier with initial performance. :mug:

Here's a Before & After. the second pic is how the system looks like nowadays, It's a lot easier being with a single tier versus 3-tier. It's also great having all that storage space under the deck to store nearly all my other brewing gear .

307413_10200317871976977_616184867_n_zpsb1bc620c.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Back