Buying a BGE today. And pics of my nest/table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galttfwo

Reaction score
After about a year of lusting after the Egg, I finally have my brewing set up to the point where I can direct some time/money to buying one! Picking it up today and too excited about it.

Here is the table that is waiting for it. My mother actually built it for me as a gift (she has been a furniture builder and woodcrafter for over 30 years now).

Just really impressed with her work.

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

Very nice! Your life will never be the same. My SWMBO bought me my BGE as a wedding gift (I'm a lucky guy) and I'm constantly finding reasons on why to cook on it. I average 4 cooks a week on it but will occasionally have a weekend where the fire never goes out and will cook all my meals on it.

WeimBrew said:
Very nice! Your life will never be the same. My SWMBO bought me my BGE as a wedding gift (I'm a lucky guy) and I'm constantly finding reasons on why to cook on it. I average 4 cooks a week on it but will occasionally have a weekend where the fire never goes out and will cook all my meals on it.

Four a week!?! Holy smokes!

I'm currently lying on the sofa, too stuffed full of roasted chicken to move. I'd recommend an egg to anyone.

just finished chowing down some chicken thighs cooked on my egg. tasted great. Hopefully I can sneak some ribs in tomorrow between brewing and basketball!

That table looks lonely with that hole in it. Any plans to put some insulation stones on the bottom shelf under the egg?

Here are updated pics.. Used the BGE about ever other day for a few months. Tonight I am doing a 10 lb pork shoulder with the digiQ wifi!

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

Hi

Any problems with the gasket / air leaks from running the sensor leads out the side like that?

Bob

Hi

Any problems with the gasket / air leaks from running the sensor leads out the side like that?

Bob

no problem with the probe wires at all. They are incredible flat and the gasket fit right around them. The only "leak" i had at all was when the fan from the digiQ was on 100% it pushed out the gasket where it is mostly burned through (havent had the time to change the gasket to the high temp one yet.

The results were fantastic.

pork.jpg

Its lunch-time, the day after the 4th of July, and I'm at work. I should have never opened this thread. That last picture just ruined the half-arse lunch I'm about to eat.
Well played.....
:mug:

Its lunch-time, the day after the 4th of July, and I'm at work. I should have never opened this thread. That last picture just ruined the half-arse lunch I'm about to eat.
Well played.....
:mug:

Hi

My problem is that I have one just like it on the BGE right now and his looks better .....

Bob

Hi

My problem is that I have one just like it on the BGE right now and his looks better .....

Bob

It's all in the camera :)

Actually, I am in love with my DigiQ Wifi. 20 hour smoke, 225 degrees. Didn't fluctuate at all ( I was checking from my phone ever 20 minutes :)

The day started at 90 outside, then pound all night,, pressure changes, thunderstorm, then the morning was in the 60s,, and the temp was rock steady.

Hi

Good picture of the thermometer ...

"Why is the BGE reading zero when its still hot?" (indeed a direct quote, referring to ours first time we wrapped the thermometer ..)

Bob

carlisle_bob said:
Hi

Good picture of the thermometer ...

"Why is the BGE reading zero when its still hot?" (indeed a direct quote, referring to ours first time we wrapped the thermometer ..)

Bob

I'm cold smoking so the temp should be low. The thermometer has not wrapped, the temp is just very low. Take a look at the first picture. The fire is in the BGE that is on the ground, and the smoke travels through the dryer vent hose to the other BGE. I love my BGEs! I can cold smoke cheese, smoke meats, grill burgers and chicken, bake pizzas and sear steaks at 1000 degrees. Did I say I love my BGEs?

Cheers,

Mike

Back