New Keezer advice/supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddyp75

Reaction score
Okay I'm building my first keezer and drawing a few blanks on the things I'll need and exactly how to hook up the gas lines. I'm hoping to get everything ordered tonight and have the keezer done by next weekend. Any suggestions on below would be great.

I know I'm going to need.

- 3 faucets/shanks (not perlick until I get a chance to buy more)
- Temp Controller
- Regulator (have dual with 1/4 MFL connection)
- 4 way manifold (3 to kegs and one possibly to blichmann beer gun).
- Co2 tank (have 5lb).
- 15 ft beer line
- 20 ft air line (do I need specific type due to Co2 being housed outside keezer?).

I'd also like to keep everything on a MFL connection if possible.

Are you building a collar or using towers? I am building a keezer as we speak also, and you cannot drill holes through the front of the chest freezer for the shank. The walls of the freezers are lined freon tubes. If you break one of those your screwed. Also you might want to use the same faucets across the board. Perlicks have different flow rate then standard faucets so serving pressures may be different. Other than that you look good! You will obviously need odds and ends like shrink wrap, wire ties, QD's, ect... good luck! Im sure we will both enjoy our new friends! :tank:
JP-

Just a collar for now and latter on I'll convert to coffin style. I went ahead and went with perlicks. Was going to go with cheap kegco faucet/shank setups but keg connection had a good package deal and you could upgrade to perlicks fairly cheaply.

Back