www.NikoBrew.com - We're baaack and with a hops sale! $5 Flat Rate Shipping as always

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
Fellow Homebrewers,

It's been too long! I'm excited to be back on Homebrewtalk.com and would like to get back into action on here with a sale! Why not? I just slashed a ton of prices and will keep it that way through next Friday, 10/7 so everybody gets a chance to take advantage of these great deals.

For those of you who don't know who we are, Niko's Homebrew Supply has been providing high quality pellet hops to homebrewers, homebrew shops and craft breweries in over six countries for 3 years now. We offer $5 Flat Rate shipping on ANY size order to all 50 states. We also ship internationally to all countries where it is legal to ship to. For $14 we can ship up to 4 full pounds or 3 1/2 pounds if they're mixed increments (2oz, one pound, etc).

For most varieties we offer 3 increments: 2oz, 8oz, and one pound. If you order 8oz you will actually receive 4, 2oz packages. Some varieties are also offered in 5lb increments.

Website Url: www.NikoBrew.com

If you are the purchaser for a homebrew shop or professional brewery and would like information on purchasing larger quantities (11 and 44lb increments) on spot or contract please complete this form with the requested information and I'll get back to you shortly:http://www.nikobrew.com/pages/Wholesale{47}Brewery-Contact-Form.html

Thank you for your time and I look forward to serving your hops needs!

-Niko-

Oh and when ordering make sure to leave in the comments that you heard about us from HBT!

I have a $50.00 AMEX gift card, and I wanted to buy 4lbs. of hops, but your site doesn't accept it. :(

I have a $50.00 AMEX gift card, and I wanted to buy 4lbs. of hops, but your site doesn't accept it. :(

Sorry, we currently don't take Amex. A quick note about Amex gift cards I suggest making sure you have a name and address on file with it as a lot of online retailers will not accept them without that since they do an address verification. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you all for your orders! Right now if you order Northern Brewer or Bravo you'll get 2oz packs regardless of what increment you order (2oz, 8oz, and full pound, not the find pound option) which is a bonus. This will remain until we resupply the full pounds.

I have a few questions.

1. Your website states that your pellet hops are from the 2009 and 2010 crops. While I'm not worried about the 2010 crops, how is the viability of the hops from 2009? How were these stored? I hear that hops do have a shelf life and will degrade.

2. Your website states that the Cascade variety is from the 2010 crop, but the description when you pull it up shows they are from the 2009 crop. Which statement is correct?

I will be ordering a few pounds from you before the week is out, but just want to narrow down what I'll be ordering.

Thank you.

Excellent questions, thank you.

1. Stored properly hops can last for years. This is from the mouth of a huge distributor. These hops have been stored at facilities in oxygen purged, nitrogen flushed thick mylar packaging at below freezing temps. Once we bring them in from storage we break them down into 2oz and 1lb vacuum sealed packages and keep them frozen (we have various freezers that range from sub zero to 10 degrees) until we ship to you. Most of our hops are turned over very quickly so from storage to you is typically 30-90 days even if they're an older crop year. Something worth mentioning here is that because we want the freshest crop possible (even though it doesn't necessarily matter when stored properly, it's still fun to carry the freshest) once the current crop is put in pellet form we will have almost every variety we stock in 2011 crop :) This should be by the end of the year for most domestic varieties and sometime during the spring for imports.

2. Our current Cascade stock is from the 2010 crop, I apologize for the incorrect information on the description. I appreciate you pointing this out as well, as I've just updated it.

If you have any other questions please feel free to either email me directly (niko at nikobrew dot com), PM me or post here. Thank you for your inquiry and for all of your business here on HBT. The sale has been going great and all orders have shipped out the same day or the day after they are placed, and arriving within 2 days (not including the day shipped or sundays).

I have a few questions.

1. Your website states that your pellet hops are from the 2009 and 2010 crops. While I'm not worried about the 2010 crops, how is the viability of the hops from 2009? How were these stored? I hear that hops do have a shelf life and will degrade.

2. Your website states that the Cascade variety is from the 2010 crop, but the description when you pull it up shows they are from the 2009 crop. Which statement is correct?

I will be ordering a few pounds from you before the week is out, but just want to narrow down what I'll be ordering.

Thank you.

I ordered 4 pounds back in august and have brewed with the hops. They all seem every bit as fresh as my lhbs. Can't beat the prices for the few different types I bought.

I ordered 4 pounds back in august and have brewed with the hops. They all seem every bit as fresh as my lhbs. Can't beat the prices for the few different types I bought.

Thank you for your patronage and kind words both are appreciated! To Malt N Hops, looking forward to it thanks for your future order(s) and keeping me on my toes :) Now with a great shipping fast I have more time to work on the site and I'm always interested in making improvements. Feedback is always welcome.

Ok folks tomorrow is the last day of the sale! It's been crazy busy but we're keeping up with shipping just fine. At midnight Friday the sale will end; we will of course still have great prices after that :) Thanks for your support its greatly appreciated!

Just ordered 6lbs of hops. Came out to $.68/oz after shipping, which is about 1/4 of what I pay locally. Thanks!

Thanks for your order and feedback both are very much appreciated.

Just ordered 6lbs of hops. Came out to $.68/oz after shipping, which is about 1/4 of what I pay locally. Thanks!

Folks,

Thanks for all of your orders and making our reintoduction to Homebrewtalk.com a success! The sale is officially over but I didn't bring all the prices back to where they were prior to the sale I just met them half way and plan to keep them there for at least the foreseeable future :) I will start a new thread shortly which will be our main one. Thanks and enjoy your hops!

-Niko-

Niko,

I was able to purchase on the last day of the sale. I bought 1 pound of Columbus (2010), and 1 pound of Summit (2009). The package arrived today and I couldn't wait to open it! The Columbus was vaccum packed and obviously air tight. The Summit...not so much. There is clearly a small hole somewhere in the package as the hops are loose and there is air inside. I'm not sure if this was sent to me like this, or if it happened in transit. I cannot see a hole but there clearly is one somewhere.

I will be purchasing a few more pounds from you soon, as your prices/shipping cannot be beat by my LHBS (which is MoreBeer).

By the way, I'm not trying to rip on you at all, but am just giving feedback on my experience.

Niko,

I was able to purchase on the last day of the sale. I bought 1 pound of Columbus (2010), and 1 pound of Summit (2009). The package arrived today and I couldn't wait to open it! The Columbus was vaccum packed and obviously air tight. The Summit...not so much. There is clearly a small hole somewhere in the package as the hops are loose and there is air inside. I'm not sure if this was sent to me like this, or if it happened in transit. I cannot see a hole but there clearly is one somewhere.

I will be purchasing a few more pounds from you soon, as your prices/shipping cannot be beat by my LHBS (which is MoreBeer).

By the way, I'm not trying to rip on you at all, but am just giving feedback on my experience.

Thanks for your order and feedback, both are greatly appreciated.

As for the hops being loose, this can happen in transit. You most likely cannot actually see a hole in package, as if this happens it is very miniscule. With the short time in transit (2 days not including the day shipped or Sunday) time they should still taste and smell great. If they do not please let me know right away.

Thanks!

Thanks for your order and feedback, both are greatly appreciated.

As for the hops being loose, this can happen in transit. You most likely cannot actually see a hole in package, as if this happens it is very miniscule. With the short time in transit (2 days not including the day shipped or Sunday) time they should still taste and smell great. If they do not please let me know right away.

Thanks!

Will-do. Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I'm going to have to make one hell of an IPA with only Summit hops! :rockin:

Back