• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Penrose Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hatfieldenator

Reaction score
***SOLD***

Hi, I have a brand new, never used Penrose Kettle to sell. It has a 1" half-coupler welded on the side that was intended for a heating element. It was welded on backwards from the guys at Brewhemoth, so I received a replacement and I no longer need this pot. I was going to fix it myself, but I just don't have the time. So, I'm selling at a huge discount for anyone interested.
There are a number of options to pursue here
-Remove the coupler and cover the hole with a peice of SS to make it a standard kettle again
-Remove the coupler and replace it with another coupler of your choice
-Leave the coupler in place and cover it with a peice of SS to seal it up

I'll leave that up to you, that's why I'm only asking $110 shipped.
I will include a brand new SS 1" half-coupler also that can be brought to a welder of your choice to replace it. It does NOT come with the ball valve.I had to use that on my replacement pot.

Again, the pot is brand new otherwise and will make a great boil kettle or HLT when its fixed. This would make a great deal for anyone who can do the welding themselves, but even if you have to bring it to a welder you will still be saving money by going this route over buying brand new from brewhemoth.

Great price, I have a few batches through mine and have no complaints thus far. It's a large kettle, mine holds just a couple drops over 16 gallons!

Yeah, I agree. I've been using one for my boil kettle with an electric element and a hopstopper and its been great. I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a boil kettle or HLT, they can't be beat for the price.

Can't be beat for the price, that's for sure and they have that DIY/Homebrewed-esque feel to the construction. I've done both 5 and 10g batches in mine. A 5g batch in it looks a bit silly but you sure don't have to worry about that hot break at all :)

:mug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back