FG not moving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I took a gravity reading 4 days into the primary and it was 1.019. I'm at 7 days and it's still the same. What to do??

BTW, The OG was 1.050..

Also, the it says that the FG should be btween 1.008-1.012

Looks like it's probably time to rack. Give it another 3 days and check it again. If it's the same, cut your losses and rack it for clearing. I wouldn't call it stuck so much as just a slightly weak bunch of yeast. No worries, it'll just be a little more sweet and malty than you intended.

You know what i think might have been the problem, i kept the primary to cold. I kept it around 60F. Sometimes it went alittle below to 58F.

DAMN!!

Wouldn't sweat it. You'll probably still have a decent beer that'll taste damn good.

sometimes old extract doesn't ferment out, as the sugars kind of 'change' into the unfermentable type.

a few points like that isn't huge, and moving to secondary and more like 70F might finish off those last few points and get you closer to 1.012.

It was dry, and i did rehydrated it. The first three days it was bubbling like crazy. after that not much. I think i might of chilled it in the primary too much. The average temp was around 60F.

Back