Homebrew spew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
Have you ever drunk enough of your own homebrew to get sick? Did you notice a difference between your own thick, flavorful brew and commercial beer as it came back up? I know this isn't a tasteful ( no pun intended) question, but it is a valid one. Last July 3rd, I came home after a long hot day at work. It had been something like 10000 degrees that day, and I was looking forward to the large party we were throwing the next day. I hammered down a couple of forties of my amber ale a little too fast, and they bounced back on me. Nothing like a pronounced hop bitterness in your vomit!
Can't say it was a good experience.

I'm lucky and never "spew" from drinking so I can't provide input. But I did feel the need to reply to this with a :D :cross: in hopes others would respond.

I actually think the last time I yacked was in the early 80's and was "normal sick". Sometimes I wish I could, but it just doesn't happen for me. Call me lucky or an alcoholic...

I have not chucked beer since my 20s which was enough. Threw up a curry in the morning a few months ago which wasn't too unpleasant - nice and tasty - curries are always better the second day.

I would imagine that it would be better than chucking BMC. Although due to the thicker consistency it would be harder to clear the nasal passages.

BTW if you want to learn to vomit easily without getting it up your nose - watch how cats bring up furballs and remember to keep your back and neck as straight as possible.

dibby33 said:
BTW if you want to learn to vomit easily without getting it up your nose - watch how cats bring up furballs and remember to keep your back and neck as straight as possible.

I got vodka up me nose reading that one! :rockin: :mug: :drunk: :D

As a general rule, if you're going to get sick for any reason (flu, drunk, whatever), one thing I learned that helps me out....

Eat some powdered Jell-O.

Tastes good going down (like a powdered SweetTart), and it maintains the flavor on the way back up. Can't taste the vomit at all.

Plus, it's really cool to see yourself spewing bright red vomit... :D

the_bird said:
As a general rule, if you're going to get sick for any reason (flu, drunk, whatever), one thing I learned that helps me out....

Eat some powdered Jell-O.

Tastes good going down (like a powdered SweetTart), and it maintains the flavor on the way back up. Can't taste the vomit at all.

Plus, it's really cool to see yourself spewing bright red vomit... :D

I spewed bright red vomit once. Although it wasn't from Jell-O. It was from a bleeding ulcer.

I'd been having some intense stomach pains for about a month, but it would usually pass fairly quickly. Didn't see a need to go to the doctor. Then one night during curtain call (I do some acting in the community theatre), I felt a strong urge to vomit. I managed to wait until the curtain was nearly down, then did a sprint to the back stage restroom. The theatre is in a community college and they had some student's "art" work stored in the dressing room/restroom. Didn't quite make it to the toilet. It looked kind of like a murder scene. Blood spattered the walls and the paintings.

Needless to say, I went to the doctor the next day.

Proud to also include myself in the Rarely Puke club. Last time was a couple of years ago from a puking flu that plagued my area. I can barely remember the last time I puked from drinking...probably St Patty's Day about 4-5 years ago when I allowed some idiots to feed me Jaeger shots. Nowadays, I'm quick to pass out, but not to puke.

The last time I skewed from drinking was in the morning, the day before my wedding.

In my mother-in-law's kitchen (the bathroom was occupied).

While she sat at the kitchen table, two or three feet away from the sink.

Eating corn flakes.

And praying with her rosary beads.

Good thing she blames her son for getting me that drunk!

Cheesefood said:
Proud to also include myself in the Rarely Puke club. Last time was a couple of years ago from a puking flu that plagued my area. I can barely remember the last time I puked from drinking...probably St Patty's Day about 4-5 years ago when I allowed some idiots to feed me Jaeger shots. Nowadays, I'm quick to pass out, but not to puke.

I'm with Cheese, I usually fall asleep long before getting to the saturation point. My last time was I think around last Christmas, we had my wifes whole family over for a big dinner and I spent the entire day in bed with the flu. Only time I got up was to puke or squirt:eek: Never gotten drunk on HB ever.

I am currently breaking my once a year puke from beer schedule(14 months). Not that i want to puke once a year it just seemed like the last 8 years that has happened to me. With BMC you just keep drinking to try and get what ever flavor you can from the watery stuff and they all of a sudden, woooopps, your really really drunk and about to hurle. With home brew I can take a drink and the flavor lasts for minutes and after a couple pints, i know i have had a couple pints as it is way stronger than BMC. Home brew dosent sneak up on you, it chops you right in the face and you know when you are injesting a bit to much and need to slow down.

Sorry about that thread, guys. I was drunk and more than a tad queasy. We've been sick at my house for the Holidays. I did like the hairball and Jello suggestions. I think eating dry Jello would ensure puking at a later time.:mug:

Back