Pets...And Why We Love Them (Pay Homage Here)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here is Bob with our new friend, Toby, fresh from the shelter:

DSCF0095.JPG

Sandy and Mojo, both ex-racing greyhounds:

Teva (black) and Floyd (orange & white):

About 100,000 friends in the backyard:

YooperBrew said:
Well, here is Bob with our new friend, Toby, fresh from the shelter:

DSCF0095.JPG

That's the happy look of a dog who's found a new home. Congrats and good luck!

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to our faithful friend, tomorrow at Noon. She has an appointment with the vet, and she won't be coming home :( Well, she will eventually in an urn....

She has loved us and been loved for close to 18 years, and is just finally used up. She lost one of her hind legs nearly 5 years ago to a blood clot, her hearing over 3 years ago, her ability to control her bowels and bladder about 4 months ago, and finally this morning, she started wandering around like she didn't know where she was, or where she was going.

I guess the bright side is now we can replace the carpets that she has ruined, the screens she seemed to think didn't need to be on the doors and windows, and I can replant the spots in the yard that she destroyed by urinating on and digging up.

She will be missed VERY much, as we have no children, and she has been like a child to us.

PeteOz77 said:
Well, the time has come to say goodbye to our faithful friend, tomorrow at Noon. She has an appointment with the vet, and she won't be coming home :( Well, she will eventually in an urn....

She will be missed VERY much, as we have no children, and she has been like a child to us.

I'm sorry to hear that, although she will be better off. This is the hardest part of owning pets. Screens can be repaired, holes can be filled, grass can be replanted, but no truly loved pet can be replaced.

Moonshae said:
I'm sorry to hear that, although she will be better off. This is the hardest part of owning pets. Screens can be repaired, holes can be filled, grass can be replanted, but no truly loved pet can be replaced.

Yeah, I would gladly take another 5 years of holes and rips if she could stay with us and be happy and healthy :(

I don't think we will be looking for another one soon. If we did, it would seem like a "Replacement" and as you stated, that just can't be done....

orfy said:
There are at least two dog pics threads already.
Not sure why it's in the Homebrew picture forum. (moved now)
I did look before posting. Sorry to have put it in the wrong compartment.:D

orfy said:
There are at least two dog pics threads already.
Not sure why it's in the Homebrew picture forum. (moved now)
You mean this one?

Okay so that one is a "pets" thread. I was trying to be "inclusive"... ;)

But, while we're at it...

Warming her belly by the brew fire.
Addie_8.jpg

Long day of brewing and it's nap time.
Addie_9.jpg

Locked outside with her cousins.
Dogs.jpg

This is Ivy, which we were told was a Boxer mix of some sort. We just got her the end of March and shes so sweet. Shes excellent with people and other dogs and is an all around big baby.

ivy.jpg

ivy2.jpg

MikeFlynn74 said:
14767-Noahscouch.jpg

Back row- Blazer and Chevy (Chebs)
Front- Murphy Joe, Diesel (aka Brutus, smee), Jaydon (aka Smurf)
How did you get them all together like that, that's quite a zoo.:ban:

MriswitH said:
This is Ivy, which we were told was a Boxer mix of some sort. We just got her the end of March and shes so sweet. Shes excellent with people and other dogs and is an all around big baby.

This is my other dog Ivy, on our move to NC. She was pure pit bull, died about a year ago. Great dog, we got her from a breeder outside Austin Tx. Chain gang kennels. She was returned to the breeder because of a divorce. We had her for 11 years.

IVy small.JPG

Sean The cats are always there. You let the dogs the will take the couch. I have to fight them all the time for it. lol

My dog is extremely afraid of cameras. Even if you pick up a cell phone and point it as if you were taking a picture he takes off. We have very few picture of him most are with his head turned.

Bruno, our one year old German Shepherd/Shiba Inu mix...looks like a dingo :)

Picture 115 small.jpg

Picture 113 small.jpg

Picture 141 small.jpg

Second pic of Bruno on his Mommy's lap is telling...!

We have had three dogs so far --a Maltese and a Bichon, departed friends, and now a Cockapoo and they all made a job of always following my SWMBO around, and generally expressed more affection towards her (treats, maybe? :D).
I seem to be the poop-picking, flea-and-tick manager, but also the very important play person...!

Do you folks find that pattern to be true..?

Must...resist...dog...thread...

Fail!

sweetdogssmall.jpg

These are my two: Otto and Goodman. Both are rescues. Otto is a boxer and came from a puppy mill, where he'd been burned pretty badly aound his hindquarters. Goodman is a lab mix who had only a few days left at the pound before he was to be euthanized.

Here's an action photo I took this morning:
dogs010.jpg

Nom!

Here is our Dexter Dog (named the brewery after him Double D Brewer, or DDB).
dex1.jpg

Dexstar-ears.jpg

Dexter.jpg

We also foster dogs, we've had seven so far, so I won't post them all. We're on break now until after the wedding (seven more weeks!).

OK, twist my arm :cross:
I was mistaken, however. We've had six fosters, it just feels like seven.

Mona-01.jpg

This is Mona, she was our first. She was very shy, but extremely sweet.

annabelle-1.jpg

Annabelle - super hyper-hypo! Tons of energy, and a complete spaz.

Foster dogs pt 2/3

Smokey-2.jpg

Smokey - my favorite, it was hard giving him up. He had the best personality ever, and was so calm and playful. You can't tell from the pic, but he's a bassadore (basset-lab mix). He had the stumpy, short body of a basset, and the giant head of lab. We called him Giant Head!

Spirit.jpg

Spirit - another spaz monster with explosive poop (got on the walls:mad: )

Foster Dogs pt 3/3

Billie-Web-1.jpg

Billie - Very shy, but pretty sweet, she grew on me after the first two weeks. She loved to cuddle.

Mya1.jpg

Mya - uch, this was a tough one. I loved her to death because she was absolutely adorable, and had a pretty good overall spirit. She trained great in the house, but on walks she was total ADD and didn't care what kind of treat you had. Sadly, we had to give her back because she put a couple nasty scars on Dexter (we draw the line at drawing blood on our dog).

This is not easy stuff. Sometimes you love em, sometimes you hate em. But you know you're doing them good in the long run.

My good buddie, Bailey. Three year old black lab. We rescued him when he was two. I couldnt be happier with this dog. He is absolutely FETCH CRAZY. He will chase anything, anytime, with anyone, and return it PROMPTLY. Here we are playing fetch last spring.
983653328109_0_BG.jpg

434373328109_0_BG.jpg

614373328109_0_ALB.jpg

234373328109_0_BG.jpg

I had a dog once that LOVED to fetch anything in the water... and would swim happily for hours. When my ex-boyfriend and I broke up he took the dog. My heart breaks every single time i think about him. That was 6 years ago and I miss him still.

Back