Almost done!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkervaski

Reaction score
Surprisingly easy to make :mug:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

I didn't take pics, too impatient, lol .. I used http://billybrew.com/kegerator-collar as a starting point .. really close to his (thanks Billy!)

It was really easy, the hardest part was waiting for the stain to dry .. oh and maybe doing the miter cuts since I had to drive to a buddy's house to borrow his compound miter saw ..

All I have left is to put some silicone in the corner joints to keep the cold air in and plumb everything .. I'll post some inside pics when I'm done ..

That looks really sharp brother! Any thoughts on making a custom drip tray that you could mount?

Yep, eventually, but right now my boxer double duties as a mobile drip tray .. he loves beer .. I have a batch of Rocket City Red that turned out terrible .. I actually kept a few bottles just as treats .. (in small amounts of course)

The thermostat is mounted with some 3M double sided tape, really strong mount. All the excess wires are wrapped and stored inside the compressor compartment, really neat and tidy setup.

photo.jpg

It looks like you opted not to insulate around the inside of the collar. Do you feel like your keezer will suffer from this when it comes to energy efficiency?

Either way, looks awesome. This will be my design in the future. I have the freezer and the oak. I'm just trying to figure out what stain would look best with a white freezer???

Oh, and can you give me a little information on the thermostat you are using. It looks like a simple enough design. No re-wiring?

Since there are two pieces of stacked wood with a heavy lacquer I decided not to insulate it, at least for now just for looks, so far it rarely comes on, maybe once an hour or so for a few minutes when set to 45 degrees. I did seal the corner joints with clear silicone.

There is wiring on the thermostat, it's just neatly wrapped and tucked away around back, here it is: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/johnson-controls-a419-digital-temp-controller.html

The problem I'm working on now is getting everything sealed, leaked my co2 tank out when I left everything on to test the connections .. oops ;)

Since there are two pieces of stacked wood with a heavy lacquer I decided not to insulate it, at least for now just for looks, so far it rarely comes on, maybe once an hour or so for a few minutes when set to 45 degrees. I did seal the corner joints with clear silicone.

There is wiring on the thermostat, it's just neatly wrapped and tucked away around back, here it is: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/johnson-controls-a419-digital-temp-controller.html

The problem I'm working on now is getting everything sealed, leaked my co2 tank out when I left everything on to test the connections .. oops ;)

uh oh!

Well take solace in the fact that the toughest part is done :D

I used the same design, wasn't all that hard as you stated. I did add insulation and a fan, also built a base with casters for my keezer. I am keeping the temp without an issue and the whole system works great. Now I just need a nice weekend to brew, been crappy here in NY.

I went through 5 tanks leaked out, find a leak, fix it, another shows up. I leave it off now unless serving.

Back