5 Borough(NYC)Bulk Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the details Keepitcold.

Split a sack of Munich and Carapils with Johnnyhitch1

Awesome thanks again!

My order is going to be
1 - BM5298 Briess 2-row
1 - BDMOPA Bairds Marris Otter

and will be splitting with Norie_

1 - BM5337 Breiss Munich Light
1 - BM5347 Breiss Carapils

Want to get these in for now. Might add another sack or 2 if we dont hit the 42

Split bags I'm invovled with:

CM-SPIL Jon_TWR and kroach01
GW-C40 Jon_TWR, kroach01 and Norie_
GW-C120 Jon_TWR, kroach01 and Norie_
BD-RSTB Jon_TWR, kroach01 and Norie_

These are all good to go, so be sure to include them on the order. Thanks again for organizing it! :)

Confirmed ;-)

How many bags are we up to on the pallet?

last time he posted said it was about half full.
keepitcold has been inactive for a week now....hope this buy goes thru.

If and when you see this KEEPITCOLD. I suggest putting the google docs spreadsheet link up so we can all edit and confirm orders to speed this up a little bit.

last time he posted said it was about half full.
keepitcold has been inactive for a week now....hope this buy goes thru.

If and when you see this KEEPITCOLD. I suggest putting the google docs spreadsheet link up so we can all edit and confirm orders to speed this up a little bit.
keepitcold organized one of these about a year ago, and he did a great job. I'm sure he'll do just as good of a job this time. :mug:

Though I'd like to at least be able to see the Google doc, that's for sure. :)

Glad to see I am not the only one feeling restless. It would be nice to see a Google doc. If we are just a few sacks shy of a pallet I would consider adding another sack to my order just to get things moving.

Hi everyone,
Glad I found a group buy that I hope is going to happen. If we can get a gDoc of everything as it stands I'd be down with helping out people on their partial orders as I'm just starting to get into the idea of buying my ingredients in bulk.

Side note if anyone has any resources about what buys will give me the biggest varients as far as recipes go I would be very greatfull.

Nijinsky said:
Hi everyone,
Glad I found a group buy that I hope is going to happen. If we can get a gDoc of everything as it stands I'd be down with helping out people on their partial orders as I'm just starting to get into the idea of buying my ingredients in bulk.

Side note if anyone has any resources about what buys will give me the biggest varients as far as recipes go I would be very greatfull.

Get some base malts: 2row, pilsner malt, Maris otter, etc. It depends on the kind of beer you like. Look at some recipes and see what is similar in all of them and then get that in bulk.

I would also like to add

(1) TF‐PRL Fawcett Pearl Malt

Hello heady clones!!

EDIT: Keepitcold never meant to doubt! thx for setting this up. always a big job and we appreciate you taking it on!

Ok, Since we are that close I'll add

a second sack of

BD-MOPA

and a Sack of

CZ_PILS

That'll put me at 5 sacks total

Thanks!

looking forward to it all

Anthony

Just noticed that I am only down for 1 sack of CM 2row. Add another, so I am getting 2 sacks of CM 2row. And then I am confirmed!!

I have 2 BD-PILS missing from my initial post. Since we're so close, could you please add 1 BD‐VIEN?

My total order should now be:
3 X BD-MOPA
3 X BD-PILS
1 X BD-CR55
1 X BD-VIEN

If I'm reading this correct, I think we have enough for the order!

GoogleDoc Current = 36
greenrhino added 2 = 38
Norie_ was missing a CM-2ROW = 39
I was missing 2 BD-PILS = 41
I added 1 BD-VIEN = 42

The SUM formula in the spreadsheet is incorrect. It currently shows 36, however the total count should be 37 based on the individual rows in the column.

Looking forward to this...first bulk grain buy! How does payment get worked out? Any idea on approximate delivery day/time? Thanks so much for putting this together!

OK I UPDATED THE LIST PLEASE CHECK BACK IF ITS RIGHT iM GONNA CLOSE THIS FOR NOW TILL ITS SORTED OUT

I'm not seeing the 2 additional sacks added in from Friday. I'll take them if there is room and will gladly use them but if the pallet is full that's okay too, I added them to get us to the 42 needed

Best
Anthony

If I can still place an order I'll take the following, and let me know how payment is going to work as this is my first bulk buy.

1 CM-2ROW
1 BD-MOPA

kroach01 said:
Historically they won't give a delivery date until after the order is placed, meaning everyone has to pay first.

Right. Forgot about that from the last time.

Thanks!

ok i think we are confirmed ill be updating the spreadsheet with individual order prices im gonna aim for next week to make the order.

keepitcold, what is going to be the best and most expedient way to get you funding?
I believe that last year, we paid via paypal, including a small percentage to cover the paypal fees he was charged. Totally fair, and totally worth it.

Back