Kool Aid wine!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wine making, and this thread, started with skeeter pee and applewine(or how ever its spelled). Me being poor and very cheap, went farther with the Skeeter Pee recipie.
I did my first batch of Skeeter Pee as is, and it was perfection! The second, I left out the pectin and lemon juice, also I used a packet of red star montrochet yeast. And it resulted a 5 gallon batch of unflavored "wine". I added Kool Aid and Sugar as the packet specified, and IT WAS PRETTY GOOD. Drinkable, +- 10% alcohol content, and Cheap as you can get+-.
I'm talking 50 cents per gallon cheap!! Will it stand up to proper "wine", NO, but It will get you drunk and taste decent doing it! YES!!
comments? questions? (p.s. I'm a bit drunk writing this, so please be gentle...)

Lol I've never heard of Kool aide wine but hey of you like it more power to you..

Cheers lol

nope its someone that doesnt have all the means but at all the same time has enough smarts to make something drinkable enough to enjoy been there done that my hats off to you

I made a small batch in the summer and it taste pretty bad. Got it out the other day to blend with a little skeeter pee. The taste was not nearly as harsh and it made a good mixer for a little left over sp bottling day. Mike

LOLOLOLOL. That's hilarious. You may have a drinking problem when you're only concern is about getting drunk... but kudos to you. I almost want to make this as a silly party-favor for my drunken Irish family.

nope its someone that doesnt have all the means but at all the same time has enough smarts to make something drinkable enough to enjoy been there done that my hats off to you

:mug:this guy gets it. this is something you bring to a big bonfire party. its party punch. oh, and neosapien, fyi, i DO have a couch on my front porch!

Trailer park fermenter.. if what you are looking for is just getting drunk you know you can make a much better wine for close to nothing ..

Wine is basically yeast, flavoring and sugar...so and flowers that can be fermented could be made into a tea then add bread yeast and kapow you got something ..

I personally try to make a smooth clean and clear drink but to each its own

:mug:this guy gets it. this is something you bring to a big bonfire party. its party punch. oh, and neosapien, fyi, i DO have a couch on my front porch!

Lol, what's the alcohol % where this goes from 'party punch' to the next episode of 'Moonshiners'? ;-)

I can't help it, I'm humming Dueling Banjos here at work. No offense meant!

Back