The waiting game..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman_01

Reaction score
Bottled my ipa five days ago and had to sneak a bottle for sampling already.. wow can't believe how fresh it tastes already with minimal carb! This batch will not last long

Hell yeah. My buddy and me brewed a robust porter first batch opened it 7 days later (68• keep) and it was carbed nice and tasted good. Nother week and a half or so they should be perfect.

And we already snuck several too. The Waiting Game. Arg

Hell yeah. My buddy and me brewed a robust porter first batch opened it 7 days later (68• keep) and it was carbed nice and tasted good. Nother week and a half or so they should be perfect.

And we already snuck several too. The Waiting Game. Arg

I'm with Unionrdr except I'd say wait 8 to 10 weeks for a robust porter. Try to save a little of it that long and be prepared to have your eyes opened. Dark beers take time.....the waiting game.:rockin:

I will save some. I have a Canadian ale that has sat a month, however its not my favorite style of beer..

Yeah,my darker ales def took quite a bit more time to condition & carb. My whiskley ale took one day shy of 10 weeks. But my IPA was best at about 4 weeks. you don't wanna wait much longer than that with IPA's & still have good hop flavor & aroma.

my first batch was an Irish stout from BB. Brewed end of April. I held back a six pack based on moments seen on this forum . Plan to crack those open first snowfall.

Would like to find a beer to brew this winter.. for spring

It turned out awesome! Next one I wanna add a diff hop variety to mix it up a bit

Back