You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are sitting in a chair in your brew room looking at your Primary's and secondary's and your wife come's in and ask how your kids are.

IMG_0725.jpg

and then says "Honey I think you might have a problem" to which you respond "Ya I all my primary's are full and I wanted to brew this weekend"

When you are sitting in a chair in your brew room looking at your Primary's and secondary's and your wife come's in and ask how your kids are.

View attachment 53748

and then says "Honey I think you might have a problem" to which you respond "Ya I all my primary's are full and I wanted to brew this weekend"

U live next to Darkness......and u have primary envy....:mad:

m1k3 said:
When you think stainless is a prettier metal than gold or silver.

This makes too much sense! I have way more money invested in stainless than I do gold or silver.

When you get a tad annoyed because SWMBO says you need to do something about moving your Brew Room because you need to use it as a "Spare Bedroom"...or something like that.

When you wife is ticked because she is tired of listening to the stir-bar ticking in the kitchen.

When you get a tad annoyed because SWMBO says you need to do something about moving your Brew Room because you need to use it as a "Spare Bedroom"...or something like that.

Or your better half asks 'So, where are you going to put all this???' And I say 'Well, obviously here and here''.... to which he replies 'Oh, okay.' Please note this is in his man-cave (garage). Either he really loves me, or loves the fact that I make beer...not another word said.

He's awesome, btw. ;)

I meant to add.... Come on, who needs a spare bedroom? Turn it into beer storage, your guests will be too soused to care.... :mug:

snccoulter said:
When you wife is ticked because she is tired of listening to the stir-bar ticking in the kitchen.

Swmbo just had this very coment tonight, I usually keep it in the spare room. But I got lazy

I meant to add.... Come on, who needs a spare bedroom? Turn it into beer storage, your guests will be too soused to care.... :mug:

inorite!

It's really much cooler in there than any other place in the house so when I need to move my fermenters from the guest bathtub it makes me cry a little inside.

You know you might be a homebrewer when you would seriously consider wearing a cologne that smelled like fresh hops...if they made it.

When the phone rings at 2AM and your offered $50 for a case of homebrew.

scottedk said:
inorite!

It's really much cooler in there than any other place in the house so when I need to move my fermenters from the guest bathtub it makes me cry a little inside.

You know you might be a homebrewer when you would seriously consider wearing a cologne that smelled like fresh hops...if they made it.

In one of my recent issues of Beer Magazine they had an article on how to make aftershave out of you favorite hops. Haven't tried it yet. Looks pretty interesting.

When you see an artichoke in the grocery store and for a second you think, "Man, that's the biggest hop I've ever seen!"

Bubba said:
When your in the middle of having sex and your watching your airlock bubble. :D

Ha.. aha, hahahaha! I love using my bedroom as a ferm chamber! And my ferm chamber, brew room and win cellar as my bedroom! ! Good one!

When you can't decide what beer to bring holdiay get-together and find out that 5 corny kegs can actually fit in the trunk of an '84 Lincoln Town Car.
(if you leave the spare tire home)

amandabab said:
When you can't decide what beer to bring holdiay get-together and find out that 5 corny kegs can actually fit in the trunk of an '84 Lincoln Town Car.
(if you leave the spare tire home)

What, you can't stack them on top of each other??? ;)

When you've got no rood for food in your fridge... haha.

when you spell "room" "rood" you are a homebrewer that has been sampling :drunk:

Not that I have never misspelled anything on this forum :mug:

or how about... when everyone that samples your brew says "I would pay for some of that" which leads to a long conversation about how thats not legal, but one day you would like to get licensed.

Cant remember who posted this one, and am too lazy to look it up, but just wanted to restate my all time favorite;

You know know you're a homebrewer when
"you estimate SRM at the urinal"

When you get home from running kids to the dr & the 1st thing you do is ask the wife to join you in a home brewed bottle of rhumatize medicine.

When you often replace supper with beer to (reduce and thin the pipeline herd) to make room for new breeds.

When you watch a TV show like Storage Wars - Texas and notice a Bayou Classic Kettle in the storage unit they just opened..

Back