Best Beer I've had in a long time from The Bruery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SankePankey

Reaction score
The Bruery Orchard White Belgian Wit.

Amazing. I think I taste Brett which makes sense since they make many Brett Saisons. Their beers are phenomenal and I wish I could make beer like Orchard White. It has everything-perfect. That's my "stuck in a desert/island" scenario beer.

;)

Havent had that one, but their Berliner-weisse is out of this world!

I'm going to have to say that I did not enjoy the Orchard White. For the most part I don't enjoy any of their brews. The Saison Rue and Saison du Lente are really nice as was the Oude Tart. Berliner Weisse was pretty good. I don't enjoy most of their other beers because they are either way underattenuated and/or undercarbonated. That or I just don't care for the beer. To each their own though.

That's coolio. To each their own.

There's no brett in Orchard White.

I guess I'm wrong about the brett, since you know. It's odd, cause I have yet be able to definitively pinpoint the flavor in a beer. I can sense it light years away in a wine (partial brett in a wine can be awesome/earthy, much more can taste like horse crap and ruin your whole winery...a serious problem in the industry).

I did taste the two Saisons as well mentioned just above and also the Rye which was pretty mind blowing. Reaally good.

That is the extent I've tasted. I liked Orchard White better than the two Saisons. It kind of tasted more like a Saison in my mind, but what do I know.

That's coolio. To each their own.

I guess I'm wrong about the brett, since you know. It's odd, cause I have yet be able to definitively pinpoint the flavor in a beer. I can sense it light years away in a wine (partial brett in a wine can be awesome/earthy, much more can taste like horse crap and ruin your whole winery...a serious problem in the industry).

I did taste the two Saisons as well mentioned just above and also the Rye which was pretty mind blowing. Reaally good.

That is the extent I've tasted. I liked Orchard White better than the two Saisons. It kind of tasted more like a Saison in my mind, but what do I know.

Yeah. I can see liking Orchard White more than the saisons. I'm lucky enough to be able to get most of their beer here whenever I want it. They're almost local. And I can see how not everyone would like what they make. They're definitely a niche brewery.

I really thought the Autumn Maple was unique, and delicious.

Yams and maple... in a beer...whooda'thunk?

I'm going to have to say that I did not enjoy the Orchard White. For the most part I don't enjoy any of their brews. The Saison Rue and Saison du Lente are really nice as was the Oude Tart. Berliner Weisse was pretty good. I don't enjoy most of their other beers because they are either way underattenuated and/or undercarbonated. That or I just don't care for the beer. To each their own though.

I agree with this for the most part. I find many of their brews too sweet (i.e. underattenuated). They are also fairly heavy with the spices. Nonetheless, they have obtained quite a following. I still often try their new stuff (mostly because they are semi-local and I am jealous that after law school he started a brewery rather than becoming a lawyer).

I wouldn't say they are under attenuated, but that they tend to have a big grain bill which leaves more residual sweetness.

I mean most of their beers clock in over 8% ABV and tend to contain sweeter malts.

BTW if you haven't had Oude Tart from the Bruery, that's probably my favorite by them. No under attenuation with THAT beer...it has an extremely dry finish.

Back