There're seeds in my beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsarkon

Reaction score
So I did it. I dry-hopped for the very first time. The smell after I opened secondary was AMAZING! I've never made such a hoppy beer. I'm excited to see what comes of it.

My concern is that I've noticed a few (1-4) seeds (or some part of the hop cone) in a few of my bottles that are now filled and capped. I just want to see if there's any knowledge out there as to any adverse results from having hop matter in the bottle after capping.

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge and keep on brewing!

:rockin:

-Tsarkon

Cant fix it now, the best thing to do is to judge the beer as you drink it and take notes on the affect. I would definitely try to avoid seeds or large hop cone particles in the beer tho. Beer is good to drink, but not that great when you have to chew. :)

Put a fine mesh bag around the tip of your racking cane when you siphon the beer

Plant the seeds, maybe you can grow bottled beer... Who wouldn't want a beer tree in their backyard????

Plant the seeds, maybe you can grow bottled beer... Who wouldn't want a beer tree in their backyard????

But just imagine the difficulty of temperature control of the germination and lagering of the beer tree. Think of the off flavors that could occur...

But just imagine the difficulty of temperature control of the germination and lagering of the beer tree. Think of the off flavors that could occur...

But....wife...you dont understand we NEED a fridge that can fit our tree inside for temperature control.

Back