• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: 55 gallon plastic barrel South Jersey/Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a FREE 55 gallon plastic barrel in the South Jersey/Philly area? I've read some garden forums that suggest checking with restaurants/food processing plants. I figured before just randomly calling around I'd see if anyone has already done the leg work. I have a few emails out to people on craigslist to buy them but who wouldn't prefer free?

Check car washes. They use the same food grade barrels for soap. At least you know the soap will wash out easy.

What are doing with the barrel?

Just looking to cut it in half and throw a 1/2 bbl in it. I'm going on a camping trip in a few weeks and I was looking for a cheap way to keep the kegs on ice. I picked up the normal keg tubs from Lowes but there isn't much room for ice. It's not that convenient to get ice and I don't want to have to deal with re-icing all the time.

Thought about the garbage can route but if I could get a free barrel, why not?

Back