Just wanted to share my happiness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennieD

Reaction score
I bottled my first brew back at the end of May. I definitely made some n00b mistakes...forgot to sanitize the stirring spoon once or twice, couldn't quite acheive a rolling boil, had a little trouble with the siphon.

I bottled only after having it in primary for a little over a week. I was gonna wait a full 3 weeks before even trying it, but I decided to try one at 2 weeks in the bottle.

I was disappointed...I knew it wasn't fully carbonated yet, but it just tasted cheap, dull, malty, a bit watery.

I tried another at 3 weeks...holy crap! A little more carbonation, nice citrusy hop notes, a bit of a developed malt backbone. Its like, where did these flavors come from!? I'm glad I tried one prematurely just for comparisons sake. I can't believe something I made actually tastes that good! :ban:

Can't wait to try my wheat ale that's in primary. Gonna leave that one for 2-3weeks before bottling. Many more to come. This hobby is really about patience. :)

Back