school me on mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also if you are familiar with brewing of any sort, see the glossary that I put up a few days ago. Mind you I was just putting in terms for someone going from beer to mead, but it is a good way to start too.

Matrix

Also go chat up your LHBS. If they are any kind of brewer, they can give you basic info on meads, yeasts, and everything that you'll need to know

So, could you just fill me in how to build a car? Just kidding, but you have a pretty damn broad question!

If you're interested in a good text, instruction manual, and introduction to mead, check out the 'bible' of mead making, Ken Schramm's The Compleat Meadmaker.

Thanks for the link biochemedic. I have been thinking of buying a mead only book, this one looks great. :rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe's Ancient Orange Mead is around here somewhere, and you could make it with a trip to the grocery store. It's pretty foolproof.

I agree on the JOAM, I just made it this weekend, very easy, first mead I ever made and I leaned a ton in the process

mine JAOM is about 2 1/2 weeks into fermentation.

Also my first mead. Very easy, but from what I understand, nothing like making any other type of mead really lol.

Back