Back to Full boils w/extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usafbeerlover

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,
Just recently got back into 5 gallon extract batches from AG to save some time and keep pipeline going. I have done two before with pretty good results. Any suggestions to the process.

Cheers,
JEff

I guess I was vague. Do you all steep grains in same 5 gallons or separate? Do you cut bittering hops. Last time I did a full boil with extract it seemed watered down. Is there really a huge taste difference with the two?

By the way been doing BIAB for about 10 batches and love it. Just been getting alot of gushers for some reason since I moved to AG. Don't know if I am sucking yeast back into the bottles or what. Some batches come out fine some gush. Switched out all my plastics and seemed to curb it for awhile but had a Saison gush this weekend. Taste fine so maybe inadequate mixing of the priming sugar.

Not that I'm an expert but my experience of approx. .75gal. Of water per lb of grain gives a steep somewhere around 2.5-3 gal. I then do a full 5 gal. boil adding water to my steeped water accordingly . All of my beers have come out great.

By the way been doing BIAB for about 10 batches and love it. Just been getting alot of gushers for some reason since I moved to AG. Don't know if I am sucking yeast back into the bottles or what. Some batches come out fine some gush. Switched out all my plastics and seemed to curb it for awhile but had a Saison gush this weekend. Taste fine so maybe inadequate mixing of the priming sugar.

at what temp are you fermenting? you should be in mid 60's for ales

Back