New Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BraxtonBrewery

Reaction score
My old 5 tapper died that I got off cl. I had just got everything situated to how I liked it. Then she crapped out. So I decided to go a safer route. I got the Maytag 14.8 cu foot from homedepot. It'll hold 9 and a tank. My plan is to have the ability to serve 7 and carb or lager 2 more. I don't want to do the full cabinet since it is going to be in my garage.

I'm using wood filler to get everything smooth and that's the last picture attached. I have one more later to go. I think it's looking good.

Overall I like the coffin build. It's simple and good looking. Inexpensive and coming together like one piece.

My original plan was some chalk board paint because I have it left over but I'm fearing itll look like crap.

Any ideas on how to tie it in to the freezer to make it look good?

The last picture I'll include is my eBay steal. I got this guiness stout faucet and tap handle for $40. Looks great. A polish and clean Job and it will look like new. I'm going to put it in the middle.

Let me know any thoughts!

image-3509430287.jpg

image-3152049861.jpg

image-1451117108.jpg

image-3076270630.jpg

image-2610364257.jpg

Looks great so far! I have a stout faucet on my keezer and I love it! Your going to need a mixed gas setup behind the faucet though. If you put your air tanks outside the keezer you'll be able to have 7 on tap and 3 carbing up. Also recommend a double body co2 regulator so you can have serving pressures and carbing pressures

Absolutely. I have all of that from the old one. 1 5 pound tank. Double body reg and a 4 way distributor and a 2 way. As well as a wye splitter to have 2 carbing and 7 on tap.

I am in the process of getting a mixed gas set up. I may swap to a 10 pound co2 tank and a 5 lb mixed gas. But that's all soon to come. Want to get the original build completed first.

Looks like you got it all covered! What temp controller are you planning on? I'm on my 2nd kegerator and I like it soo much more than the first because I knew what I didn't want and built exactly what I did. Good luck!!
JP

This will be my fourth. One I still have out of a small mini fridge. (first and definitely a favorite) built one and decided to use it as a ferm chamber instead so modified it that way. The one that crapped out on me was number 3. And this soon to be beauty will be number 4.

As fore the temp control I'm not going to use one. I did the coarse adjustment mod to the internal thermostat. I have 2 external 2 way temp controls on my ale form chamber hold about 6-8 carboys/buckets. And my lagering chamber that holds 2 carboys.

So I was able to make a coarse adjustment so on number 4 (middle) of dial thermostat I hit 40. Number 3 about 35. So I'm happy with that.

Nice! My keezer doubles as a lager/ cold crash chamber so I went with a love controller for a little more control over everything. Good luck with the build I'm sure it will come out great

Made some progress!

Got a second coat of wood filler on and sanded.

Cleaned. Got the primer on. 2 coats.

Waited all day and got 3 coats of chalk board paint on. The whole thing (except the back) is a chalk board. Also got some insulation put in.

The last picture is a mock up of what it'll look like when done. Got a little impatient.

On Friday I'll cut the holes, install the tower ad fans.

image-1113452276.jpg

image-3165225441.jpg

image-3936002055.jpg

image-342910461.jpg

image-105964635.jpg

image-3943525587.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Been trying to get it done as fast as a can. Got the tower mounted, insulated, and all hardware and fans mounted and wired. For the most part it's complete. I'm cutting my drop trays to size currently.

The holes in the freezer lid are ugly but functional. So thats all that matters to me.

Mounted the tower and caulked it for a more uniform look.

Will add a chalkboard on the front of the freezer. Pretty close to completion.

image-2801089030.jpg

image-600763624.jpg

image-4059870954.jpg

image-180876341.jpg

image-510612361.jpg

image-3120753019.jpg

image-2762992470.jpg

Latest posts

Back