BIAB with these Ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taboot

Reaction score
I had an interrupted brew day and I had to dump my wort for a Surly Bender clone. I don't have time to go through doing another AG day outside, so I was going to put together a 2.5 gallon BIAB. I have 2 oz of Willamette, 1 oz of Columbus and 2 packs of 1335 British Ale II. I was hoping to keep the gravity around 1.05 or lower. Any suggestions for a grain bill?

I'd like to hear the story of why you had to dump wort. I'm thinking it could have been saved pretty easily.

You could have boiled/hopped later. A day or so wouldn't hurt it. The boil would wipe out infections again.

From your post I don't know what you plan for grains. BIAB is kind of an all-grain in a bag, right?

What have ya got on hand?

I ended up going with Jamil's American Brown, bittered with Columbus, 15 and 0 of Willamette. It's my first BIAB and hit my numbers pretty close, so I am pretty happy about it. I have been cleaning as I go and I only have a dirty brew pot right now.

I have a now 10 month old son, who decided to have an absolute meltdown for about 3 straight hours in the middle of my brew night. My wife did the best she could do, but at some point I had to give her a break. I didn't have time in the schedule the next day, so down the drain went 7 gallons of sweet smelling wort.

Yeah, Luckily I'm past that. It's rough when they're that little. They can't even tell you whats wrong.

Now I just have teenagers crashing cars - and other teenage activities...

I do think you could have saved the wort though. You would need a cool place to keep it. I have a back deck that is prime. I have also set it in the garage this time of year.

If you'd like a little reading and have time - read this thread. It did eventually make pretty good beer in spite of my attempts to wreck it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f127/what-i-thinking-165148/

Back