Hops are bad, apparently?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Internet has proven to be the perfect vehicle for any sort of nonsense to be circulated. If it circulates fast enough (think of the contents of the porcelain receptacle after you push the handle), it goes down the drain, becomes viral, and is somehow given credibility. If someone goes to the trouble to make a You Tube video of it, it is then transformed into THE TRUTH. I suspect it will take a while before people become immune to this particular Big Steaming Pile.

Mom and dad tried to get me to stop smoking dope because it would effect me "hormonally". I told them I already had man boobs, so no worries!

Full disclosure, I don't smoke anymore. Haven't in 5 or 6 years.

I know man. 9/11 killed my "smoking" really. Lived by myself and was a News Junkie. Spent about 6 months totally smoked out trying to figure where "They" were gonna come from, couldn't catch a buzz without insane bouts of paranoia. Finally quit pretty much cold turkey, had the odd puff with friends here and there after that, but still ended up with crazy paranoia setting in. Probably for the best, had more money to spend on beer.:drunk:

I stopped listening at "reduced libido". This EAC obviously has no idea what the hell he's talking about. The only time my libido is reduced is when i'm sleeping. I can't speak for the rest of you guys n gals, but I can't imagine people leaving a bar after a couple of beers saying "Wow, you're so sexy, lets go fire up the kindle and read the latest Alex Cross novel".

rico567 said:
The Internet has proven to be the perfect vehicle for any sort of nonsense to be circulated. If it circulates fast enough (think of the contents of the porcelain receptacle after you push the handle), it goes down the drain, becomes viral, and is somehow given credibility. If someone goes to the trouble to make a You Tube video of it, it is then transformed into THE TRUTH. I suspect it will take a while before people become immune to this particular Big Steaming Pile.

They say that if you put a million monkeys at a million typewriters, sooner or later they'll write Shakespeare. The Internet has proven that does not happen.

JonM said:
They say that if you put a million monkeys at a million typewriters, sooner or later they'll write Shakespeare. The Internet has proven that does not happen.

Hahaha, you couldn't be more right!

I think this guy is just mad because he couldn't handle is alcohol in his teenage years, and was probably getting Giant Sharpie Penis's drawn on his face when he passed out after 2 Mich Ultra's.

I think this guy is just mad because he couldn't handle is alcohol in his teenage years, and was probably getting Giant Sharpie Penis's drawn on his face when he passed out after 2 Mich Ultra's.

+1. Worst thing that could ever happen to a kid is not know how to handle their liquor. I don't think this is sounding as tactful as I am intending it, but getting off on your own (re: University) and not knowing what alcohol does is DANGEROUS. Kids drinking in highschool rarely turned dangerous when I was in higschool, but the kids passed out in the hallways or bathrooms of my residence in University during frosh week who hadn't drank before was straight scary.

:ban: or Dicken's

it was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times!?

and man, i wish hops and their friendly cousin caused me to grow some boobs, i'd never be lonely again!!! :D

There was a link on here once to a wacko religious website that broke down beer molecularly and explained why it was the most evil thing in the world. I remember a whole section dedicated to hops and their connection to marijuana.

My wife would provide testimony to the contrary of the whole reduced libido. Seriously? A couple beers in me and I'm Mr. Hands.

I'm really surprised Bob hasn't chimed in. He hates that stuff. Maybe he is trying to stay away to keep from raging.

There was a link on here once to a wacko religious website that broke down beer molecularly and explained why it was the most evil thing in the world. I remember a whole section dedicated to hops and their connection to marijuana.

Sad thing is, the site this was posted on is very pro-marijuana, and the crazy uncle-in-law who posted this thing is a raging pothead. Shows just how much research they actually do, considering the same phytoestrogens in hops are also in pot.

Yeast wasn't listed in the beer purity laws until the 1800's. Women get yeast infections. Coincidence? You decide.

mikeysab said:
I got some man boobs myself. When I can lick my own nipples, i'll stop drinking beer.

Holy ****! I can do that! Not good...

God is great, beer is good, people are....idiots.

Wasn't there a post going around the interwebs about a deadly chemical that causes all these problems and we use it every day so we were all doomed to die? Then at then end of the post you find out that the chemical is water.

Water IS evil. Anybody thats ever drank it or touched it has died. Water has a 100% kill rate, the most efficient killing machine in the universe.

God is great, beer is good, people are....idiots.

Wasn't there a post going around the interwebs about a deadly chemical that causes all these problems and we use it every day so we were all doomed to die? Then at then end of the post you find out that the chemical is water.

The version I saw never referred to it as water, only as dihydrogen monoxide.

Back