Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
itzkramer said:
@Jordan: ...if you only knew. This man is the epitome of white trash. Most of our conversations involve him telling me about the last great thing he has fixed on his beat up 1990 Cadillac (which will always be ready to drive "next month").

If that wasn't enough, I watched his wife cut the entire front lawn (the only time that it was actually done all year), in her bra, with an....electric weed wacker.

99% of the time I listen to him and make small talk because I'm a nice guy. But sometimes he's a bit too much.

Please help me!

I watched my neighbor edge his lawn with a skill saw. He's not white trash but an eccentric weirdo. He also dropped a tree on his house that took out his power line which blew the transformer on the pole knocking out power to most of the neighborhood. At least he hasn't bothered me about my home brewing yet. He might try to smoke my hops.

@Jordan: ...if you only knew. This man is the epitome of white trash. Most of our conversations involve him telling me about the last great thing he has fixed on his beat up 1990 Cadillac (which will always be ready to drive "next month").

If that wasn't enough, I watched his wife cut the entire front lawn (the only time that it was actually done all year), in her bra, with an....electric weed wacker.

99% of the time I listen to him and make small talk because I'm a nice guy. But sometimes he's a bit too much.

Please help me!

I had a neighbor once that used to plant her flowers in a 2 piece bikini. All the guys in the neighborhood would almost simultaneously came out with a beer to sit on their front porch. I'm not convinced she knew what she was doing, but was sure her husband did with all the evil looks he gave us :)

Keith's is labeled as an IPA but is tastes as much like a mass-produced lager as anything else in Canada

Agreed. Was on a fishing trip in Ontario this summer and stopped by the local beer store to stock up. Keith's was the only thing resembling a non mass-produced lager.

Labels can be deceiving...

My brother-in-law is a die-hard Labbatts Blue Light fan. He won't even try anything else. He's over a lot, so I have to keep a 12-pack around for him, even though I don't really care for it that much.

He came over for Christmas Eve. Finally, I had some BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale in the kegerator. I figured he'd like it. Everybody likes it.

I knew better than to give him a full glass, so I poured 1/2 a glass and handed it to him. He smelled it like he was expecting it to stink like a landfill in August, made a face, then took the smallest sip I've ever seen a human being take. He made another face like he'd just sucked on a lime wedge and handed me the glass. He wouldn't even finish it. "There's something wrong with it." "It's got a wierd taste". I said, "That's barley and hops - you've probably never tasted that before". I walked away in disgust. I've officially given up.

I suppose I can chime in on this... A friend of mine and I were discussing beer- he's a drinker but does not seem to understand much about the way beer is made... Told me, Stouts were very bitter due to such a high hop content, and claimed the hops also made this style especially alcoholic.

... He subsequently confessed he was talking out of his ass... Maybe it was my facial expression that gave him a hit of my disagreement with these comments

Getting back to the white trash thing,I had a neighbor that has since sold out to another. She used to putter around her gardens in front of the house in black silk short shorts...no panties. Long lrgs ,she'd bend down to pull weds & such. Well,I had a small table out in front under a shade tree with a home brew watchin. It don't get no better than that.
Or like the Aquamarine swim clup over in Avon. we belonged to. They had a weight room,& Nautilus machines we used to work out. Then hit the pool. This one young life gard chick was a nice girl to talk to,very cool,even tempered girl. Then she sat up on her life guard chair thing. She put her feet up on the seat of the chair,&...well...shaved & tanned full view. God I love girls...:ban::ban::ban:

Getting back to the white trash thing,I had a neighbor that has since sold out to another. She used to putter around her gardens in front of the house in black silk short shorts...no panties. Long lrgs ,she'd bend down to pull weds & such. Well,I had a small table out in front under a shade tree with a home brew watchin. It don't get no better than that.
Or like the Aquamarine swim clup over in Avon. we belonged to. They had a weight room,& Nautilus machines we used to work out. Then hit the pool. This one young life gard chick was a nice girl to talk to,very cool,even tempered girl. Then she sat up on her life guard chair thing. She put her feet up on the seat of the chair,&...well...shaved & tanned full view. God I love girls...:ban::ban::ban:

Perv :)

Not when I just happen to notice. C'mon man,we're guys. We're dogs & we know it. Just to look anyway...:D

Haha...true. Saw a guy checking out this hot chick walking out the store the other day. About the time he had his head fully turned the door nails him...haha...couldn't help but laugh and tell him it was worth it.

Sho' was! I had this hot lil blonde workin for me when I was a coordinator at Ford that wasn't a very good worker,but had other atttributes. She came by me one day & rattled quickly didyouseemypickson blaa bla site? Of course I did...I'll leave the rest up to your imagination...& yeah,it was just like that...It's good to be the boss!

Man, now I'm just confused if we're talking about the beer or the whiskey... Damn hipsters I know drink both..

Bahahah, the beer! 50 cent black label at a bar that regularly has Bell's (Hopslam, porter, two-hearted, etc) and Founders (all the goodies and rarities) on tap, and 90% of the stuff you see looks like this:

Black_label.jpg

Ironic indeed!

Bahahah, the beer! 50 cent black label at a bar that regularly has Bell's (Hopslam, porter, two-hearted, etc) and Founders (all the goodies and rarities) on tap, and 90% of the stuff you see looks like this:

Black_label.jpg

Ironic indeed!

I'd just be weeping softly in the corner...

Seriously, though, a bunch of PDX hipsters are all about whiskey sours and drinking vinegar and crap. I blame Pok Pok.

What's just blown my mind is that the cr*ppy "British lager" marketed here as brewed from 100% British barley is actually owned by Moolson Coors. There's no mention of Canada or the US on our cans of Carling. I knew it was one of the wave of crappy lagers that nearly wiped out real ale in the UK in the 70's and 80's.

I had no idea it was actually an attack launched from the former colonies.....

Back on topic:

SWMBOs mum stayed with us over Christmas.

"Oh I can't drink beer. It's too strong" as she pours another very large glass of 14% wine before moving onto the good brandy.

What's just blown my mind is that the cr*ppy "British lager" marketed here as brewed from 100% British barley is actually owned by Moolson Coors. There's no mention of Canada or the US on our cans of Carling. I knew it was one of the wave of crappy lagers that nearly wiped out real ale in the UK in the 70's and 80's.

I had no idea it was actually an attack launched from the former colonies.....

That'll teach you to tax our tea... ;)

This is probably my favorite: a couple nights ago up at a local nano-brewery, one of the (really drunk) regulars got into a heated debate with the owner/brewer. The drunk regular was adamant that PBR was a 'craft beer' and that Sam Adams was not a 'craft beer'. OMG hilarious. His reasoning? Because PBR doesn't use corn or maize (we later found out that he thought maize was rice!) and that Sam Adams brewed over 6 million barrels. HAHAHA... WHAT?

At any rate, it was a pretty epic debate that ended in the drunk regular with his tail between his legs. Too funny!

Sorry my comment is a little off topic but it's not like it hadn't happened in this thread but funny(I thought) non the least. I was at HEB (local grocery store) and I was getting a prime rib for Christmas and a lady was telling me to get one with the least marbling because the marbling was gristle. So I polity corrected her and told it was fat and it is a good thing.

I think the funny thing now is the behavior of the male gender.

Yeah women never gawk at men. I've got a Facebook timeline from around the time that Magic Mike came out that would say otherwise...

Note: I know guys are worse... Just saying :mug:

This was a quite a few years ago.

I was in a bar and asked what they had on tap the waitress rattlled off the generic:

Bud, Coors, Miller, and every version of Light, Ice, and Dry (what ever that is).

Then came Corona, Dos Equis, Killinans red, and Sam Adams.

She said domestics were $3.00 and that imports where $4.00.

I said I'll take a Sam Adams.

The bill came and it was $4.00 a beer. I said what gives? I ordered Sam Adams. She said that was an Import.

I said Sam Adams is made in Boston. She just looked puzzled, and said it was still an import.

:drunk:

To be pedantic, Sam Adams is made in Pennsylvania. It's headquartered in Boston, it's token brewery and tour is in Boston, but 95% of it's beer is brewed in Breinigsville, Pennsylvania.

http://www.lehighvalleychamber.org/Beer-Distributors-Breweries/Samuel-Adams-Pennsylvania-Brewery

craigger64 said:
I was under the impression that only the seasonals were brewed at the PA brewery. I must have heard that from someone who was misinformed.

What they told me in the tour in Boston was that most if the R&D work and small batch brews were done in Boston. They only have like 15 fermenters and a barrel aging room there (don't quote me on that number).

What they told me in the tour in Boston was that most if the R&D work and small batch brews were done in Boston. They only have like 15 fermenters and a barrel aging room there (don't quote me on that number).

I live 15 mins from that brewery in PA. It was originally built by Stroh's. There might have been someone else in after them. Yuengling had an interest in it, but I heard them and the township couldn't come to terms on something to do with the water. Now Sam's has it.

I live 15 mins from that brewery in PA. I was originally built by Stroh's. There might have been someone else in after them. Yuengling had an interest in it, but I heard them and the township couldn't come to terms on something to do with the water. Now Sam's has it.
Wait, there's another golem in the world???!?!?

Polishing off the last of my FFF Alpha King from my recent jaunt to Chicago. 'tis a sad day indeed...

Yeah women never gawk at men. I've got a Facebook timeline from around the time that Magic Mike came out that would say otherwise...

Note: I know guys are worse... Just saying :mug:

Haha, oh I know we do it too. It's just funny to me, since men are societally expected to be horndogs and women aren't, and yet guys are considered pervy if they are and women aren't. :D

I dunno, I've just never been one to gawk myself, so it amuses me when people of either gender talk like that. No offense or misdirection of the thread intended.

I watched my neighbor edge his lawn with a skill saw. He's not white trash but an eccentric weirdo. He also dropped a tree on his house that took out his power line which blew the transformer on the pole knocking out power to most of the neighborhood. At least he hasn't bothered me about my home brewing yet. He might try to smoke my hops.

:eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar:

That sounds like an EPIC neighbor to have:fro: Could imagine much worse.

Back