no airlock activity- 1 week in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEarley

Reaction score
I know its said to never rely on the air bubbles to take a gravity reading but out if the 12 brews I've made all of them had very active airlocks even had to use blow off tubes of a few. But this holiday ale I made last weekend is not showing much signs of life. I might dump another pack of us-05 in today to jump start it in time for the holidays

So, what's the gravity reading now? If you know what is said about airlocks, then why start a thread, when you know all of us are going to tell you to take a gravity reading? You want us to tell you it's going to be alright?

Why the heck do you we think we tell people that airlocks aren't accurate??? To jerk newbs chains???? Because just about every time they actually take a gravity reading, the find out they DID have fermentation.

Thanks for the valuable information prick. Next time I'll be sure to check with you if I want to start a topic of conversation.

or you can use a search feature for "no airlock activity" and look at any of the 8 million other threads. maybe the fittings are not quite as tight as they were on your 11th batch.

but since you've started a "topic of conversation" I'll go ahead and state the obvious for you. have you taken a gravity reading?

Yeah hasn't moved much. I guess I misused this open board and got trolled by the keepers of home brew order. Sorry for not meeting your standards.

so hasn't moved at all? or just not much? starting gravity? current gravity? how much did you pitch initially? was it a fresh bit of yeast or a washed jar? dumping a bit more 05 on there will certainly give things a boost. hopefully it'll clean up enough to be delicious in time for the holidays. I generally don't have any problems with that strain.

there was no trolling. you supplied very little in the way of data in your original posted and then devolved into name-calling.

Thanks for the valuable information prick. Next time I'll be sure to check with you if I want to start a topic of conversation.

Namecalling is against forum rules. If you don't like a response, that's fine but namecalling is never allowed. You'll be happier in another forum, I'm sure.

Back