Flow Restrictor, Have you tried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:
I took the whole thing apart and put it back together and can now get flow through it. I am not sure what the deal was with it, maybe the o-ring was covering the outlet holes.

The design is super simple: the high pressure side flows into a chamber between two conical ends. By screwing the top and bottom together, the chamber becomes smaller and thus the pressure drop increases.

I haven't tried it yet in my keggerator to see how well it does at balancing.

Well, I eventually gave up balancing this way. I ended up using methods available online to calculate the necessary CO2 pressure.

I think you would only need the line-balancing tool, if you needed two significantly different pressures for two beers fed from the same CO2 cylinder.

I believe that balancing is very important, but it is better to calculate the required pressure rather than use something like this which would require a trial-and-error approach to get the right pressure.

Back