first all-grain...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
Well after 2 years of brewing with extract and specialty grains I finally made the jump to all-grain this past weekend... I brewed orfy's Hobgoblin-II recipe and everything went smoother than I had expected... my 52 qt. Xtreme mash tun held its temp with only a 1 degree drop over 90 minutes... about the only thing I did without thinking, was take a preboil hydrometer reading without cooling down the wort... I thought I could use a temp adjusting scale to get the correct gravity.... Thanks to my girlfriend I have over 200 pics capturing every aspect of the brew day... I'll post a few more once I can resize them a little...

3016-xPicture003.jpg

3016-xPicture017.jpg

3016-xPicture054.jpg

3016-xPicture160.jpg

Congrats on your first AG! :mug: You'll love that recipe, I made it a couple months ago. The only thing that gives me the screaming willies is the burner/pot balancing on the keg! :)

Congrats & Welcome to the club, The All Grain Club! You are gonna love the difference in your beer.

bradsul said:
The only thing that gives me the screaming willies is the burner/pot balancing on the keg! :)

hehehheeee... I was a little worried about that too... I ended up pushing on the "stand" a few times with and without water to make sure it was stable before heating things to boiling temps...

brloomis said:
So, when are you gonna post pics of your girlfriend? :D

should have known that was going to be said... heheheee... I'll let the other "Jester" and everyone else keep having fun with those types of posts...

I had my first taste of this beer last night... it was great...!!!!! tasted a lot more refined than all my extract brews... jsut figured I'd update everyone....

and we appreciate the update. Like you, I felt that my first partial mash was a tier above any extract kit I'd brewed. made it easy to plunge into all grain on the next batch (well, not easy on the wallet..)

Back