How to make beer from non-alchoholic beer (living in Libya)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

segge

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this is probably really tacky, low class and a sin to the brewers on this site but.......

I just moved to Libya, don't have access to brewing kites and the rest of the equipment. I once knew some guys that used to start with non-alchoholic beer (which is plentiful here) and get beer from it. Can anyone give me pointers or a step-by-step process?

Thanks, Steve

I've never heard of such a thing. The only thing I can figure is that you drop some vodka into the bottle or the glass you're drinking it from. But N/A beer has already had the alcohol removed. There's no magical way to make it appear again.

Evan! said:
I've never heard of such a thing. The only thing I can figure is that you drop some vodka into the bottle or the glass you're drinking it from. But N/A beer has already had the alcohol removed. There's no magical way to make it appear again.

Most of the fermentables are gone too so you can't just add yeast. Sugar and yeast maybe, but this isn't the hootch thread...

I agree, without adding some fermentables and more yeast, I don't see anyway to introduce alcohol into the beer, and without actually brewing, it really wouldn't taste very good.

I would only assume they were somehow distilling the low low brew in order to create concentrated 'beer'.

you'd be better off making hooch from cane sugar, fruit juice and bread yeast (or honey instead of cane sugar...and make a mead, pyment or melomel)

If I lived in Libya, I'd be making Apfelwein all the time. Then again, I live in Texas and I make Apfelwein all the time. :D

segge said:
Hi,

I know this is probably really tacky, low class and a sin to the brewers on this site but.......

I just moved to Libya, don't have access to brewing kites and the rest of the equipment. I once knew some guys that used to start with non-alchoholic beer (which is plentiful here) and get beer from it. Can anyone give me pointers or a step-by-step process?

Thanks, Steve

Answer:
Add sugar and yeast.

Now tell us a story. Why the hell are you there? Are you a company man?

If brewing in Libya is is Illegal then I would presume helping someone to brew in Libya is also Illegal.

Sorry folks Thread closed.

segge, sorry. You are welcome to read but don't ask members to help you brake the Law.
If I got the law wrong someone please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back