Darn snowstorm!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so depressed. It started snowing Sunday night, just a little bit. And today it's STILL snowing. Alot. It snowed about 6 inches yesterday, and we got about 8 inches last night, and it's still knowing. It's a heavy, wet snow, too.

I thought spring was on its way. I was wrong. I hate winter.

That's the way it ALWAYS is in Indiana (never that much snow though). You get two days of good weather and then a week of crap. It's like being on a rollercoaster of weather. It sucks. Why can't we just decide on something and go with it! :(

That crazy storm we here over the weekend. Parts of the Denver metro and the foothills area had up to 4 ft. We had a dusting of snow and about 2.5 inches of rain. However, this is Colorado and most of the snow will be gone by the end of today, except in the foothills.

Hope this is your last snowstorm!

Wow, when I saw the reference to snowstorm I thought this was an old post. I guess everyone has their problems with weather. We are down here worrying about keeping our brew cool enought to ferment and you are still dealing with snow in the middle of April. Hope it clears for your soon. It is bright & sunny, our high was 81 yesterday, might hit 90 today.

Wow, when I saw the reference to snowstorm I thought this was an old post. I guess everyone has their problems with weather. We are down here worrying about keeping our brew cool enought to ferment and you are still dealing with snow in the middle of April. Hope it clears for your soon. It is bright & sunny, our high was 81 yesterday, might hit 90 today.

LOL! They are saying it will stop snowing by tomorrow, and might hit 40 degrees by then. We had warm weather last week, so my goldfish got moved outside to the pond, and the patio furniture is out. It's now completely covered with snow, as are my tender hops plants just starting to poke out of the ground. I guess the skiing would be great today, but I have to work.

we got the same storm down here yooper, but it didn't include any snow. it has been raining since sunday morning tho. back into the 60's by thursday.

LOL! They are saying it will stop snowing by tomorrow, and might hit 40 degrees by then. We had warm weather last week, so my goldfish got moved outside to the pond, and the patio furniture is out. It's now completely covered with snow, as are my tender hops plants just starting to poke out of the ground. I guess the skiing would be great today, but I have to work.

Ah the UP.... It has been really crappy down here too, luckily it has not been snow, that is just slightly north of us, just cold and rainy since Sunday. I hope you get a warm stretch soon!

Its a wopping 45 here in the detroit area but no snow. Good news Yooper is that the wings will win another tonight:rockin:

We usually have two or three decent snows over the winter but, we've also had times where we had snow dumped on us in late march.
Our weather is supposed to be in the 80's by saturday. The crabapples and redbuds are in full bloom. It will probably turn to crap and rain steadily into early summer. Last spring and summer were just too nice to have it repeat itself. Hang in there, it's coming.
The last time I was in Mich., it was late spring and I remember it being beautiful, with really blue skies and crisp clean air. Kind of flat though.

Yeah I've been thinking about you all snowed in up there...if it's an comfort, we are supposed to get some snow down here late tonight, but we are also supposed to have 70 degrees this weekend so go figure...

Sounds like a good time for a rip roaring druck...and maybe even druck dialing your friends....:D

Guess what? It's still ****ing snowing. Still. We got more than 16 inches last night and today. Enough already. It's a heavy, wet, slippery snow. School was closed today. It's been snowing since Sunday night. Did I mentioned that I HATE winter?

Christ. You guys cry me a frigging river. ;-)

I got hit with 30 inches of snow Friday / Saturday. Took 4 hours of solid shoveling Sunday to punch a hole through the 5 foot drift across the driveway. Spring's still another solid month away in my book.

No snow here in Manitoba! That's gotta be a first!

Of course we're evacuating entire communities because of the flooding. I had a ***** of a time find a hotel room in the city for tomorrow.

Christ. You guys cry me a frigging river. ;-)

I got hit with 30 inches of snow Friday / Saturday. Took 4 hours of solid shoveling Sunday to punch a hole through the 5 foot drift across the driveway. Spring's still another solid month away in my book.

Sorry! We got those 16 inches in less than 12 hours today. In total, it's probably way more than 30+ since it's still snowing, and it's been snowing hard for three days. I don't know how big the drifts are, but I can't see over them! Probably not much bigger than 6 feet, though. I can see the outline of my Suburban, but it's covered on top with snow too. I can't move it until spring, but I can sort of see it. It's parked next to my driveway.

We're in the "banana belt" here, and rarely get over 100 inches of snow in a couple of months. So, this is very unusual for us to get this much snow at one time. Usually, we only get 15-20 inches total in a storm. We got that just in a few hours today.

It's supposed to stop snowing soon, though-maybe by Friday. I hope so! I have an electrician set to come out to our cottage this weekend, and if it stops snowing, we might be able to get in there with 4 wheel drive by Friday.

I was born in Saginaw - I remember trudging through those monster UP snows hunting with my Grandfather. Wonder if that's the same storm that clobbered us...

I am unwilling to accept the idea that someone who could move, but persists in staying in the UP, could possibly hate winter. Much.

Not like someone tied you up and chained you to the fishing shack.

It wont be long and we will be bitching because it is to hot. I figure I can always put on more clothes but only take off so many. I put out my tomatoe plants today that I started in Feb. so its bown to freeze again.

Gonna be 71 here tomorrow and 78 on Thursday. Not a cloud in the sky.

...oh wait...

....was this...???

......this isn't....?????

....sorry, I thought this was the "sure feels like Spring" thread....

:D:D:D

...and yes...I'm laughing with you....

I am unwilling to accept the idea that someone who could move, but persists in staying in the UP, could possibly hate winter. Much.

It wont be long and we will be bitching because it is to hot. I figure I can always put on more clothes but only take off so many. I put out my tomatoe plants today that I started in Feb. so its bown to freeze again.

Good points! I will be moving in December 2010, just for the winter months. You see, the summers are glorious here. That's why we stay. I've only complained once, I think it was in 2001, that it was "too hot". I'm sure it was over 80 degrees that day. Usually that's fine, but I must have been in a bad mood.

But, each spring, when everyone is planting their gardens and talking about the warm temperatures, I'm depressed by a winter snow and/or ice storm around or in May. I've watched my son's baseball games through snowflakes in May, and thought, "Why do we live here!!!????". Then, summer comes. And I remember why I live here. Clear, cool, pristine water, few people, green forests, and temperature in the 70s. Hiking to a little waterfall for a nice lunch. Canoeing past a nesting loon. Kayaking in wonderful trout streams. Never hot, never humid, and perfectly sunny.

But..............I still hate ****ing winter!

Yoop, I know you have some freak in you but how do you bless winter? :D

I love winter, but I live where it actually only lasts through the winter months.

We Yoopers are a weird bunch. Trust me on that!

We have two seasons here- winter and two months of bad sledding. But, those two months are almost worth it!

Bernie_Brewer told me that if summer falls on a Saturday this year, he'll come up and we'll go fishing.

Sorry about your snow storm Yooper. When I came home from work I was admiring the blooms on my tulips and bleeding heart and couldn't help but notice that my lilacs are about to bloom. :p

I was going to PM and ask you about your weather, Yoop. Milwaukee radio has been talking about the snow in northern WI for a couple days now. Since you're a stone's throw from there, I figured you'd get hit. My condolences. We got a dusting last night, otherwise it's been raining for two days. But it's supposed to hit sixty tomorrow, and close to 80 by Friday. ...........

Winter?

what is that

95 today
105 thurs
90 fri

Last year in Spokane Wa we had snow fall in June what a mess !
I think I would rather have the snow instead of whats to come

-Jason

I woke up this morning, and the snow has stopped! The weather forecast says, "The weather will change dramatically today", and we had "unprecedented two day snow totals". I should have taken a picture yesterday- the heavy wet snow was on the trees and the branches were all bent over. Some lost power, due to the snapping tree branches on the power lines, but our neighborhood was fine. They finally plowed our road yesterday (I live in town!) and we can easily get out. It's supposed to be warm (60s) by Friday.

Up north in the Houghton area, the schools are still closed and they've had about 200 inches since November.

I'm glad that maybe soon I'll be like Nurmey, looking at blossoms and enjoying spring. I won't hold my breath, though.

Ha. Can you be sure? This is Yooper your talking about.

Sorry bout allthe white stuff girl. Could be worse.

It seems we've skipped Spring and gone straight into Summer. Looking at 90's through the next week. I'd rather be cold than hot. There's only so much you can take off before the neighbors start looking at ya' funny.

We got flurries down here, Yoop, but nothing sticking. Tomorrow it's supposed to be mid 70s. I got a feeling you will be losing a bunch of that snow.

we were suppose to have flurries today with a project high of 81 Thursday and 87 Friday! Needless to say it is 57 and NOT snowing today.
I've always wondered what the kids in special ed classes in school go on to do after high school. Apparently they go to Meteorology school.

59° today 85 and 86° Saturday and Sunday stays in the 80's till middle of next week. turned off the pellet stove a few days ago and the A/C will be cranking this weekend:mad: But its a good time to be :mug: Bee Cave Brewery Bavarian Hefeweizen

Back