Permanent Labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pale Horse

Reaction score
After seeing the DIY glass etching that some people have done on their carboys. I got to thinking, I don't really make any labels for my beers, but I would like to permanently "mark" my bottles. Anyone know of a good way to do this? I considered glass etching them, but I doubt that would turn out well and would be crazy time consuming. I don't have a logo, so I guess Pale Horse Brewery down the side would work. Is there a spray paint that you can buy and I could use a stencil? Did a quick search and came up with this...

Find Frosted Glass Spray, 11 oz and other Spray Paint at Aubuchon Hardware

Is there an easier way to do this? Has anyone done this?

Thanks for the advice

if you go to a craft store or wal mart's craft dept they have a frosting spray that you can use on glass and it dose not ware off and i think its dish washer safe so it wont come off in a cleaning solution.

Actually, it would be pretty straight forward to make a stencil out of something like plastic (think roll up cutting board) and then sand blast the side of the bottles. One stencil should be enough to do a batch worth of bottles. Of course, it would be cheaper if you know someone with the equipment.

Yes it would be nice if you came up with a master label/logo and put it on all of your bottles.

Definitely keep us posted.

You can buy the proper etching paste at a craft store, you can either get true paste that will eat away at the glass or a paste that leaves a "fog" the longer you leave it on the more opaque it gets.

Very cool idea, would like nice if done right. I've done it before on flat glass with stencils, and it's not too hard.... not sure if it'd be so easy on bottles though. Maybe sticky stencils would help?

Keep us posted.

Back